Is there a “delete muted notes” command?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
toodamnhip
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Is there a “delete muted notes” command?

Post by toodamnhip »

Is there a “delete muted notes” command anywhere?

If not, why not?

When getting ready to bounce FINAL MIDI to audio, MIDI tracks that have a lot of mutes are confusing in a variety of circumstances. I would like to have a command similar to “remove duplicates” where I select a region or track and have DP delete the muted notes.

Seems like a no brainer. Maybe I don;t have a brain, I dunno. :dance:
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Is there a “delete muted notes” command?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Is there a search criteria for finding muted notes?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Boy TDH that is a GREAT idea. I would certainly use that.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
MikeInBoston

Post by MikeInBoston »

I would love a "delete muted notes" command. In addition, I would also like muted notes "not to appear" in the Quickscribe editor as notation. In my mind, if notes are silenced, then that's the next best thing to being deleted. Anyone agree?

Mike
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

This would be an awesome addition...

However, MLC's semi-idea of adding a search feature for it would be even better. There is search criteria for muted Soundbites, but not muted events or notes.

Someone needs to get this suggestion to Motu asap!
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

++1 on this
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
MikeInBoston

Post by MikeInBoston »

I wrote to MOTU's suggestion box today and offered both ideas as suggestions for future updates of DP. Who knows, maybe they'll consider them worthy of implementation. (I'm always hounding them about putting the letter name of the note on each note in the MIDI Editor. That's the one thing I REALLY want, but I digress...)

Mike
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

toodamnhip wrote:Is there a “delete muted notes” command anywhere?

If not, why not?

When getting ready to bounce FINAL MIDI to audio, MIDI tracks that have a lot of mutes are confusing in a variety of circumstances. I would like to have a command similar to “remove duplicates” where I select a region or track and have DP delete the muted notes.

Seems like a no brainer. Maybe I don;t have a brain, I dunno. :dance:
As I do a lot of work in MIDI this would be a great idea. Maybe something like 'delete muted on selected track (s)' or 'delete muted notes on all tracks' without having to make a timeline selection.