There's a new build of 9.02 on the MOTU site

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Tripi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

There's a new build of 9.02 on the MOTU site

Post by Tripi »

I've been sending in my crash reports, and MOTU tech support emailed me today that there's a new build up that would solve my problems. It's still 9.02, but the 5 digit build has changed from 69119 to 69167. Never occoured to me that they might be updating builds of the same version, but not informing us or DP. Might be why some of us have bugs in the same version # that other people do not.

Anyways, it's on the site, and seems to have solved my crashing problems with VEP for now.
12-Core Mac Pro, OS: Sierra w/ DP9 - always the latest version. Love of film music.
frankf

Re: There's a new build of 9.02 on the MOTU site

Post by frankf »

69167 has been up for a short while. No newer today
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

I too got a personal email.
Nice customer service.
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

I've got this reminder in a pop-up window a couple of times right after firing DP.

I've declined both times for being in a hurry.

I'll try it tonight. I hope it fixes a couple of bugs I've been seeing.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

From a very long thread:
mrmiller wrote:

Michael Miller from the DP team here. There's an updated 9.02 available now that fixes the video issues. I'm really sorry for the inconvenience and lost time. Everyone should be seeing an update notification soon if not already.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

Now, whatever cue mix I had isn’t working.
Singing vocals without cue mix, just one ear phone off because I dont want to hassle digging into crap right now...yikes. Ah, the joy of software updates
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Fortunately, I'm not doing any video right now!
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

toodamnhip wrote:I too got a personal email.
Nice customer service.
No email here; never get any emails from MOTU about updates.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

musicman691 wrote:No email here; never get any emails from MOTU about updates.
I get them, but usually long after their release. If you check the update option in the help menu, you'll see them when you launch DP.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
csavetman

Post by csavetman »

toodamnhip wrote:Now, whatever cue mix I had isn’t working.
Singing vocals without cue mix, just one ear phone off because I dont want to hassle digging into crap right now...yikes. Ah, the joy of software updates
Wow. Is that really the case? No output or something else?
If so, I think I'll hold off the update. Use CueMix all the time, while tracking bands, singers, etc.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Apparently, we are ALL beta-testers now.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

To the guys at MOTU:

We all love that you are fixing things at a rapid rate these days. The response time and turnaround for fixing bugs — some of which are long-standing, but still irritating — has been faster than we've ever seen at MOTU. However, sometimes it seems like the mythical Hydra of the Greek tales: cut off one head of the monster, and two grow back.

My personal opinion about this is that your beta testers are failing you. Beta testing needs to go out to people who are willing to try all the menus and commands, as well as see how it performs in their daily work. If you don't try all the possibilities you know about, you won't see the bugs.

I want the fast service as much as anyone, but I caution you to pull back a moment and coax your beta testers into delving in, pushing the envelope and finding the problems. Otherwise, MIDI Life Crisis is right: we're all beta testers.

I recently reported a problem that was forwarded to the programmers. While I want "my" bug fixed, like, yesterday, I know it's better to wait until you get it right. I'm willing. For almost 30 years, I've used DP, and the #1 thing that has always amazed me about it has been the reliability. More than ANY OTHER software I've ever used, I knew I could rely on DP to work properly all the time. With a system configured just for DP, it simply never crashed or screwed up in any way. The only time I lost paid studio time was when the copy protection scheme screwed up, my key disks didn't work, and you guys Fed-Exed another to me clear to Hollywood the next day. (early 1990s) That's an amazing track record. DP is famous among working musicians for a number of reasons, and you are constantly giving us even more reasons to love it. But let's be sure that the #1 star in its crown remains: Reliability.

Meanwhile, thank you for the excellent work, the attention to our requests, and the attempts to get it back to us as quickly as possible.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

bayswater wrote:
musicman691 wrote:No email here; never get any emails from MOTU about updates.
I get them, but usually long after their release. If you check the update option in the help menu, you'll see them when you launch DP.
That's fine if you have your daw on the net. Mine isn't. So I have to rely on the good people here. The only emails I regularly get are responses to techlinks.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Apparently, we are ALL beta-testers now.
Don't they call that open-beta testing?
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

The thing I don't like about the build number updates is that I have to launch the app splash screen to see what number I'm on now.. when you "get info" on the app, it only says 9.02.

If I install this one and it breaks something, I'll have to have the previous update in a folder and clearly labeled, so I don't have to poke around, or get confused and reinstall the same version.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.