There's a new build of 9.02 on the MOTU site

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: There's a new build of 9.02 on the MOTU site

Post by James Steele »

I've had intermittent crashes upon loading a project and it's often traceable to a UFS volume mount error in the crash log. That's MachFive. I'm seriously thinking of updating to Falcon in hopes that it plays nicer with DP.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Henry Robinett

Post by Henry Robinett »

I downloaded but have not yet installed. Still on 9.01. It was a few days ago, not more than a week ago? So I'm not sure which version this is. I have never had MachFive. I do have Falcon. I'll probably wait till the dust settles even though it sounds like I'll be fine.

All the best,
www.henryrobinett.com
Check out my latest CD on iTunes.
I Have Known Mountains by Henry Robinett
https://itun.es/us/pi6C_
All the best,

Henry Robinett

2019 Mac Pro 16 core, 192 GB; 2 MacPro 5,1 Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6), ULN-2-3d, MIDI Express XT,
DP10.13, UAD2 Quad TB,Duo,solo, Fractal Ax Fx III, FM3, LF+12+, Altiverb 7, Pianoteq7, Falcon, Keyscape, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer 3, Slate Drums, Live 10, Battery4, Diva, Spitfire Chamber and Symphony Strings, Ivory 2, Spectrafoo, Millennia HV3-D, many mics, many guitars . . ..
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

James Steele wrote:I've had intermittent crashes upon loading a project and it's often traceable to a UFS volume mount error in the crash log. That's MachFive. I'm seriously thinking of updating to Falcon in hopes that it plays nicer with DP.
I wasn't going to do that because I just don't need all that Falcon does, all I need is the sampler.. but I think I may change my mind at this point.

I need to go find out if Falcon has all the time stretching capabilities, as M5, and whether or not it will play my custom made M5 libraries/samples
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

James Steele wrote:I've had intermittent crashes upon loading a project and it's often traceable to a UFS volume mount error in the crash log. That's MachFive. I'm seriously thinking of updating to Falcon in hopes that it plays nicer with DP.
Falcon works great with DP, but if the main problem is loading your M53 instruments and the UVI libraries in M53, then the UVI player works just fine, for free.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Michael Canavan wrote:
Falcon works great with DP, but if the main problem is loading your M53 instruments and the UVI libraries in M53, then the UVI player works just fine, for free.
Could you expand a little more on that, please?

So Falcon works with DP as long as... we do what, exactly?
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

FMiguelez wrote:
Michael Canavan wrote:
Could you expand a little more on that, please?

So Falcon works with DP as long as... we do what, exactly?
I like Falcon, but if you're buying it because M53 is crashing DP, then you will do just as well loading your M53 libraries into the UVI Workstation, the free sample player on UVI's site here: http://www.uvi.net/en/software/uvi-workstation.html

Falcon works in DP no problems whatsoever, the UVI Workstation has the same updates for compatibility with El Capitan that Falcon has though, so it will load M53 libraries, user created or UVI etc.

We are in similar territory as Specrasonics was with Omnisphere (then called Atmosphere I bellieve) in regards to M53, Spectrasonics decided to do their own engine for Omnisphere and it took them years to develop their own sample engine etc. We have no idea whether MOTU will or not? but in the meantime Falcon and the UVI Workstation will load your M53 samples into DP9 with less problems than the non updated M53.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Sorry, I don't mean to derail the thread, but does anyone know if there's still a special cross-grade offer from MachFive to Falcon? I thought maybe time had run out on that.. I don't think I would pay the full price for it right now.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Henry Robinett

Post by Henry Robinett »

I missed the deal and paid full price. I don't regret it. But you know, whatever.

All the best,
www.henryrobinett.com
Check out my latest CD on iTunes.
I Have Known Mountains by Henry Robinett
https://itun.es/us/pi6C_
All the best,

Henry Robinett

2019 Mac Pro 16 core, 192 GB; 2 MacPro 5,1 Metric Halo ULN-8 3d (x6), ULN-2-3d, MIDI Express XT,
DP10.13, UAD2 Quad TB,Duo,solo, Fractal Ax Fx III, FM3, LF+12+, Altiverb 7, Pianoteq7, Falcon, Keyscape, Omnisphere, Kontakt 5, Superior Drummer 3, Slate Drums, Live 10, Battery4, Diva, Spitfire Chamber and Symphony Strings, Ivory 2, Spectrafoo, Millennia HV3-D, many mics, many guitars . . ..
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Michael Canavan wrote: Falcon works in DP no problems whatsoever, the UVI Workstation has the same updates for compatibility with El Capitan that Falcon has though, so it will load M53 libraries, user created or UVI etc.

We are in similar territory as Specrasonics was with Omnisphere (then called Atmosphere I bellieve) in regards to M53, Spectrasonics decided to do their own engine for Omnisphere and it took them years to develop their own sample engine etc. We have no idea whether MOTU will or not? but in the meantime Falcon and the UVI Workstation will load your M53 samples into DP9 with less problems than the non updated M53.
Great! Thank you for that info, Michael.

Hello Falcon :)
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Killahurts wrote:Sorry, I don't mean to derail the thread, but does anyone know if there's still a special cross-grade offer from MachFive to Falcon? I thought maybe time had run out on that.. I don't think I would pay the full price for it right now.
There are periodic discounts being offered by UVI but that offer ended Feb 1.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

...and maybe the conflict is being caused by VE Pro... just sayin...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS