DP 7.2.4 Problem

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Kenny B
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

DP 7.2.4 Problem

Post by Kenny B »

I've documented what is happening... I click on window tabs to go back and forth between tracks, sequences, mixing board, etc. Once I've created two sequences in the same project, if I click on a new sequence, the tabs do not update... so i'm clicking around to try and see the tracks window or the mixing window and it is still showing the previous sequence.

Then even after I get that all straightened out, The tracks selected for viewing in the mixing window are not all showing despite selecting those to view from the mini window. If I'm in the mixing board and I go back to the tracks window, then come back to the mixing board, only one track is showing and I have to reselect the tracks I am mixing.

A bit of a hassle and not sure why this is happening.
2023 Apple Mac Mini Pro M2; 12 Core, 32 GB Unified RAM, Mac OS Venura 13.6.1, 1 TB SSD boot, DP ver. 11.3, Apogee Symphony II 8x8, Axiom 61 Controller, MachFive2, FabFilter plugins, ReLab VSRn24 reverb. Some really great acoustic guitars, Schoeps MK4s, Charter Oak E700 mic, 2 Great River preamps
Sean Kenny
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 7.2.4 Problem

Post by Sean Kenny »

I've experienced this too. I found that if I use the Chunks window to select the sequence from then all the relevant windows update to the chosen sequence. Hope this helps
Mac Pro 3 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC - OS X 10.12.4 - DP 9.13 - RME HDSPe Madi card - iz ADA converters 24 i/o - Antelope Orion 32 i/o - Audient desk - Miller & Kreisel Monitors - Wunder Mic Pre's x 8 - very understanding wife!
http://www.ten21recordingstudios.co.uk/
Kenny B
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: DP 7.2.4 Problem

Post by Kenny B »

Thanks for the suggestion, I've never used the Chunks window but will try that next time I'm in the studio. Hope it works.
2023 Apple Mac Mini Pro M2; 12 Core, 32 GB Unified RAM, Mac OS Venura 13.6.1, 1 TB SSD boot, DP ver. 11.3, Apogee Symphony II 8x8, Axiom 61 Controller, MachFive2, FabFilter plugins, ReLab VSRn24 reverb. Some really great acoustic guitars, Schoeps MK4s, Charter Oak E700 mic, 2 Great River preamps