track folders for mxiing board?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
IKKAKUJUU
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

track folders for mxiing board?

Post by IKKAKUJUU »

Hello,,i was looking for this in 8.07 as i have so many tracks open in mixing board,,,on my tracks and sequence everything is nicely organised in track folders,,but in mixing board all is laid out "As is" making it really tricky to navigate.I see in the advert for DP 9 there are folder tracks or every window where multiple tracks are displayed?... is that not the case for this version i am running?

Thanks as usual for any advice.
frankf

Re: track folders for mxiing board?

Post by frankf »

Open the Track Selector for the Mixer. All the tracks and folders will be the to show/hide as you wish. Be sure to check preferences to customize how the Selector opens and what it displays. See Track Selector in the manual for more detail
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
IKKAKUJUU

Post by IKKAKUJUU »

OK Frank,,thanks for that i am looking at it now..! Update,,have looked at,,am changing all that,,,this is great,,! Now things are starting to look very possible..! Cheers,,!
frankf

Post by frankf »

Wonderfullness!!
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
IKKAKUJUU

Post by IKKAKUJUU »

It most certainly is,,,because now i have 4 units (1x 828mk3 hybrid 1x828mk3 1x828mk2 & a traveler all connected to a MBP4.1 (late 2008!)and a MTPAV..and all the hardware is functioning,,though at time the clock reverts on one unit and sends it all crazy,,but for now ,,solid.!.. All these are inputting on 3x8 TRS from Mackie Onyx Direct Dsubs,,,and 2x8 of them are returning to the 1st 16 TRS of the ONYX..the 4th unit is being fed by a 1604vlzPro Mackie that has its 8 directs out supply 4 outputs of an EMU and an AKAI Hardware sampler..so 32 Tracks of input.+6 front panel XLR's. The ONYX is set so instrument patch in on the XLR,and then, so nothing goes to waste i have it with the 16 returns on the 1st 16 TRS as above.So that i can do analog summing for the final mixdown,(main outs of ONYX to Front XLR Inputs of 828Hybrid,,)and on the way do small sub-mixes and return via the 2nd unit the 828mk3s front XLRs also.That way each function has a discreet input and output,,and this is reflected in DP (more or less)and almost nothing has to be repatched or renamed.Then i made a template to this purpose which took ages to complete and fine tune, and then colour coded it,i used track folders which immediately made sense.and inside those folders i have the input for the instrument,and then a way of sending back out to the hardware as per the above ,then another track to receive the processed track as it returns in.For groups of similar instrument i have it set that i can do this instrument by instrument then make a group sub-mix and they all appear in a track ready to be bussed to an auxiliary track that is now part of the final stereo "Stem's"
Of these i have 8 (All in a Tracks Folder)(for the 16 outputs) and then they can all be bussed back and summed to the first units front panel XLR to a Stereo Final Mixdown print Track,,!.So all that is really great,but,where it got out of hand was inside DP, i also have BPM Set so its 16 track can also be sent out to my analog mix,,and benefit from guitar FX that are on Aux send 1 + 2 and return on the last 2 Stereo paris 21-22,&23-24..)and with BPMS 2 Racks and my hardware samplers that makes for 86 tracks ,,when this track count doubled for the sub-mix receiving tracks + Print tracks i was looking at +/- 200 tracks in the mixer.and i didn't know what was going on.! Now it is looking realistic,,,and for once i have my hardware mixers totally plugged in and out,,and it is looking good,,though,and sound appearing in my monitors,,! ,,,though,,i still haven't read a page of DP manual,,and i just got this going now,,having first bought DP when it was 2.7!!but put it on,,put it off,,etc,,,Magic Dave has possibly put a contract out on me at present.!.Not a very expensive one,,just to really insult me.! I used to be a guitarist before trying to build this project studio,hopefully soon i can get back to that..!! Still,when DP was 2.7,,,this many hardware tracks would have cost ten times more,,,and so this is really looking great if my hardware and software stay sync and the computer does that many track,,,,which i am at present testing to see if it does pull that weight.
Anyway this is a great relief ,because i was looking at one screen ,,the tracks and sequencer,all in those track folders,and patting myself on the back and feeling pretty neat about the result,,and on the hand i was looking at the mixer board and thinking that maybe now was a good time to go back to busking.!....
Anyhow ,,so much for the story,,,! Thanks again!