Sliding MIDI notes

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
midilance
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Sliding MIDI notes

Post by midilance »

I've forgotten this one and can't find it. In MIDI editing when you want to move a note backward and forward with the arrows, where do I go to adjust the number of tics an arrow push will move the note. I turn off the grid quantize up in the right corner of the MIDI edit window to do this.
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
midilance

Re: Sliding MIDI notes

Post by midilance »

Never mind. I found it. Nudge amount.
Mac Studio m2 Max // OS 14.3.1 // DP 11.3.1 // MotU Ultralite mk4 // Komplete Ultimate 14 // Arturia V Collection 9 // Korg Collection // Stylus RMX 1.8 // Omnisphere 2.6.2c // Scarbee Keys and Basses // T-Racks 5 // Amplitube 5 // BFD3 // Blue3 // PolyM //
bayswater

Re: Sliding MIDI notes

Post by bayswater »

That one catches me all the time. You have to have the right options showing in the Info windows to see the nudge amount. AFAICT, it doesn't appear with default settings.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8