MOTU Press release from NAMM

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: MOTU Press release from NAMM

Post by bayswater »

mikehalloran wrote:You do not need to remove the screen unless replacing the NV RAM battery on the 2009–2010 (and only those years).
Understood, but it seemed to me that if one is going to the trouble of taking a 7 year old iMac apart, it's probably a good time to change the battery.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

bayswater wrote:
Tritonemusic wrote: Looks like I'll be needing a new computer soon because I just can't resist all of the great enhancements introduced since DP 7.24.
I came to the opposite conclusion. With latency reduction and pre-gen enhancements, I expect to be able to keep my ancient iMac a little longer.
Mine's not so ancient but DP9 already had, at least for me, more efficiency to run a lower buffer than I could for the same size project/session than I could in PT11.3.1 For example PT pretty much required 1024 and the same size piece of music I can run at 256 in DP9.01. I actually can run at 128 but 256 is more comfortable for the machine.
guitardood

Post by guitardood »

From the MOTU PDF...
buffer set to an ultra-low 64 samples
at only 30% CPU?!?!?

...can't wait to get me some of that :)

Chuck Fletcher on Reverb Nation
Chuck Fletcher on Facebook

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You know, eventually you're going to get the one filled with alien-like nasty tasting goo and have to spit it out and say YUCK".
SixStringGeek

Post by SixStringGeek »

HCMarkus wrote:They may have to pry my upgraded 2009 from my cold, dead hands.
What you said. :brucelee: :headbang:
DP 8.newest on MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex 3.33GHz 64G Ram, 3TB SSDs.
Thousands of $'s worth of vintage gear currently valued in the dozens of dollars.
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

bayswater wrote:
Tritonemusic wrote: Looks like I'll be needing a new computer soon because I just can't resist all of the great enhancements introduced since DP 7.24.
I came to the opposite conclusion. With latency reduction and pre-gen enhancements, I expect to be able to keep my ancient iMac a little longer.
I understand that. I was just talking about my personal situation. I will not change my current system because it works very well for me.

Ultimately, I'd like a brand new system while keeping the old one until I decide I no longer need the old one.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4