Tip: Cure for fixing Stuck notes in VE Pro

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
doodles
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Tip: Cure for fixing Stuck notes in VE Pro

Post by doodles »

For some weird reason stuck notes have come back (in DP 8.07) using VE Pro and slave macs. Notes would stop when I stopped, but then start again if I rewound to start of sequence, even though the note shouldn't have been playing. (Event chasing, etc, all properly set). All set to run in real time (rather than pre-gen).

The lovely guys at Vienna suggested switching to MAS, rather than AU. I had always resisted this, as my template contains about 40 instances of VE Pro, so thought it would take too long to re-assign every sequence. But it turns out if you just disable AU version in prefs, then it automatically re-assigns the plug-ins in the sequence to the MAS ones. Woop!

So far, so good, and the stuck notes issue has gone away. (It'll probably re-appear later :lol: ) Just thought this might help anyone else in this situation...
2*5-core 3.46 Intel xeon (32 gigs RAM), 2*dual 2.5 (16 & 32 gigs RAM), DP 8.07, WAVES 9, Lexicon plugs, SoundToys, all Spectrasonics, NI Komplete 9, Vienna Ensemble (extended), LASS, Evolve, Symphobia, etc, Cinesamples, Arturia, cinestrings, all Project Sam
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Tip: Cure for fixing Stuck notes in VE Pro

Post by labman »

The MAS version was brilliantly designed. I just love it.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.