moving automation data along with soundbite

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
RayS
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

moving automation data along with soundbite

Post by RayS »

Any hints? and how can I get levels to show in said automation data (+- %) if volume etc.

Thx
RayS
bayswater

Re: moving automation data along with soundbite

Post by bayswater »

Use the range selection I-Beam tool (key command I) when copying/pasting etc. It selects everything in the range selected rather than just the objects in the front. For values, I don't think you can get them displayed in the track, but you can place Info strips in the Sequence Edit window that show just about any information for selected object, or other information associated with the position of the cursor. The latter will display automation values under the cursor.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
RayS

Post by RayS »

ok,

Thx
RayS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

This is chiefly a selection problem, so a few years ago I created a post in the DP Tips Sheet thread, which you can read here:

Working with Selections for Moving/Editing Automation Data with Notes or Soundbites.

It's also exactly the same problem as in MIDI, when you want to select a note and move or delete it along with all the controller data that goes with it.

Read carefully. The technique requires setting up a few keyboard commands, but once you do it and memorize the technique, selecting the automation data or controllers is almost instantaneous.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|