DP 9.0.1: erratic CPU/Processing behaviour

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Gerk
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP 9.0.1: erratic CPU/Processing behaviour

Post by Gerk »

Hi everyone. I did a bit of quick searching but didn't find anything useful about this. Since going to DP9 I've been having some very erratic behaviour with the CPU/Processing. I took a quick video of what is happening .. this happens on quite a few projects (all new ones made in DP9). From what I can tell I have no background tasks running or anything else. It's happened so far in various different projects, some 44.1khz, some 48khz and some 96khz. It is starting to cause me some issues as it overloads the engine sometimes (when not even doing anything complicated).

The hardware is a 5k iMac 32G of ram, OSX 10.10.5. It happened before I added the new Raven software for my MTi2 (so that's not the issue). Plugins are all UAD plugins (and I don't have all that many open on that project), using the latest UAD versions as well. Even with all of the plugins bypassed I get the same thing.

https://youtu.be/h0eKQRAvP94

Anyone have any ideas?
15" Macbook Pro Retina quad 2.5Ghz 16G/512G SSD (2015 model),
Raven MTi2, 4k Vizio TV, Pegasus TB2 RAID5 (6TB),
UAD TB Apollo Twin Duo, UAD TB Satellite Octo, Tascam DM-3200/IFFW-DMII
DP 9.0.2 (Pro Tools 12.4, Logic Pro X 10.2.2), OS X 10.10.5
Gerk
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP 9.0.1: erratic CPU/Processing behaviour

Post by Gerk »

And I just realized this is in the wrong forum, DOH.
15" Macbook Pro Retina quad 2.5Ghz 16G/512G SSD (2015 model),
Raven MTi2, 4k Vizio TV, Pegasus TB2 RAID5 (6TB),
UAD TB Apollo Twin Duo, UAD TB Satellite Octo, Tascam DM-3200/IFFW-DMII
DP 9.0.2 (Pro Tools 12.4, Logic Pro X 10.2.2), OS X 10.10.5