Drag and drop multiple files. Create tracks with audio.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
gearbit
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Drag and drop multiple files. Create tracks with audio.

Post by gearbit »

Hi all,

I have 80 tracks of consolidated audio files that I've tried dragging into the track editor window in the hope that DP would automatically create tracks with the audio in their respective tracks. While it's great that DP creates track names based on those files, it's not adding the audio to those tracks. So before I spend the time to drag all 80 soundbites out of the soundbite window to their tracks, I was hoping that someone might point out an oversight on my part.

Thanks in advance.
csavetman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Drag and drop multiple files. Create tracks with audio.

Post by csavetman »

If you drag them to the left side of tracks overview window, ( the tracks listing part), the tracks should automatically get created.

Carlos
gearbit

Post by gearbit »

csavetman wrote:If you drag them to the left side of tracks overview window, ( the tracks listing part), the tracks should automatically get created.

Carlos
Hi Carlos. Thanks for the reply. I've tried dragging into both track listing and track overview windows and while I get a track added with the name of the audio file, I don't get the actual audio added into the track.
csavetman

Post by csavetman »

Look further down the timeline. Sometimes when I drag outside files in, they get placed WAY WAY down the timeline. Maybe a SMPTE time stamp thing.? Never really figured that out.
gearbit

Post by gearbit »

csavetman wrote:Look further down the timeline. Sometimes when I drag outside files in, they get placed WAY WAY down the timeline. Maybe a SMPTE time stamp thing.? Never really figured that out.
Well whaddaya know! There they are. Thanks so much for the heads up my friend!
csavetman

Post by csavetman »

No problem. That one's gotten me too.
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

I've run into this problem with some audio tracks from ProTools sessions. For some reason it adds an hour to all the time stamps. The weird part is that it doesn't do it all the time.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.