.-xdpdoc

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
philbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

.-xdpdoc

Post by philbrown »

Out of a whole list of numbered DP docs, none showing the suffix (is that what you call it?) there was one that said [filename].-xdpdoc (with the hyphen). Does anyone know the significance of that? I don't recall seeing it before. I also forget where the setting is to show or hide those suffixes in the finder but generally they are not shown.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: .-xdpdoc

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

This is all I could find that made any sense.

http://filext.com/file-extension/xdp
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:This is all I could find that made any sense.

http://filext.com/file-extension/xdp
Weird! I didn't think to google it, I just searched here and didn't get anything.
One of those random computer things I guess.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Does DP open it; or does it try to open in Acrobat? You might just change it to a DP extension and it might open in DP.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Does DP open it; or does it try to open in Acrobat? You might just change it to a DP extension and it might open in DP.
It's not a problem thankfully, just something I've never seen and was curious about. It did open in DP and acted normally. It was on version 19 of a project I'm working on, and am now on version 26 as we 'speak' and hasn't happened since. Maybe I hit some bizarre key combo and saved it as a Commodore 64 document. Thanks MLC.