Virharmonic Soul Series 1st Violin pre-order

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
kgdrum
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Virharmonic Soul Series 1st Violin pre-order

Post by kgdrum »

Virharmonic has an interesting pre-order for a new Violin VI, it looks extremely playable, sounds great and the people that jump into the pre-order sale get all of the future updates for free and discounts on the future releases in this series.
Virharmonic are also bringing a Cello,Viola and 2nd Violin to the series which would make a really cool,very playable virtual String Quartet,which
is something I've wanted for quite a while..........
I haven't seen this mentioned here,the pre-order ends soon and the release is next week so I thought some users might be interested in this.

http://vi-control.net/community/threads ... ned.50114/

:wink:
Last edited by kgdrum on Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
Michael Canavan

Re: Virharmonic Soul Series 1st Violin pre-order

Post by Michael Canavan »

Demos sound great. 8)
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Seems we have a new family of choices for solo string instruments as of late...SampleModeling's Viola, and now this one. I might actually get this, but I'm gonna wait until the expansions are out,
as one of the promised expansions will include intelligent switching between legato and polyphonic modes.

This instrument, like so many other virtual solo stringed instruments, features the "baked-in" sampled vibrato. Which totally leaves those who are composing Celtic or American fiddle parts out in the cold, as those styles often include no vibrato at all. I've mentioned this over on the Gearslutz thread about this instrument, and the developers responded that they may consider an "American Fiddle" instrument in the future. Which indicates that they either completely ignored the Celtic/American Country genres of music, or simply didn't think of those genres.

Because I'm doing a lot of country/Americana music these days, I prefer solo stringed instruments with vibrato depth controlled from the mod wheel, which is what the old Garritan Strad Violin and Gofriller Cello (both done by the Sample Modeling guys) featured. That said, this new violin instrument does sound very good, and I'm leaning towards buying it.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

Besides sounding really nice (which it seems most people who hear it agree on)I'm intrigued by the possibility of an instrument like this that's easy to play without employing key switches etc.... for a keyboard challenged doofus such as myself,lol :wink:
Virharmonic are based I think in Eastern Europe so I presume their focus leans more towards classical,chamber oriented music,yeah a American/Country Bluegrass Celtic oriented fiddle would be nice.
It is indeed baffling no one has brought something like that to market,Bolder Sounds would be a developer I would have expected to have a fiddle VI, it seems like a real void in the VI market,I suspect if someone came up with a good one it would be welcome to many VI users.
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........