DP9.02?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
musicman691

DP9.02?

Post by musicman691 »

While looking through the very long AmpGUI DP themes thread on any new themes for DP9 I ran across a post where Andy mentions that 'The background color parameter for MIDI tracks in the SE will work again in DP 9.02.' on page 123 on said thread. What caught my eye was 'DP9.02'. Just checked downloads and the latest available for us ordinary users is 9.01. Was this just a slip of Andy's fingers or what? There are some things I know people have asked about to get fixed and 9.02 would be a neat Christmas present.
mikehalloran
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP9.02?

Post by mikehalloran »

It's possible that it was a slip of the fingers or someone has access to the beta and is speaking out of turn.

The only way to confirm is for someone to violate an NDA – so I guess that's not going to happen.

If someone from MOTU wishes to confirm or deny... Well, wouldn't that be nice?
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

I've been told that a bug (or two) is fixed 'in the next version'.

It's possible that he extrapolated from similar information.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Anything is possible. But Occam's Razor says it's a typo.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Robert Randolph wrote:I've been told that a bug (or two) is fixed 'in the next version'.

That's possible but I think someone somewheres let slip more info than they were supposed to.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Gravity Jim wrote:Anything is possible. But Occam's Razor says it's a typo.
But if the fix Andy needed is in 9.01 how come we haven't heard any news about new themes in the works? I know he was late to the DP9 party.
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

musicman691 wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:I've been told that a bug (or two) is fixed 'in the next version'.

That's possible but I think someone somewheres let slip more info than they were supposed to.
I kinda doubt it's that big of a deal... we all know 9.02 is coming. I've reported a few bugs that should be fixed in the next version, so I'm aware that there's a next version coming... you know?
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Robert Randolph wrote:
musicman691 wrote:

I kinda doubt it's that big of a deal... we all know 9.02 is coming. I've reported a few bugs that should be fixed in the next version, so I'm aware that there's a next version coming... you know?
True enough. Michael Miller who is a programmer for MOTU said so himself on a public forum recently. I think someone quoted the topic here. He was responding to one of those "the-sky-is-falling-is-MOTU-doomed?" posts that I've watched with amusement for the last 20 or so years. :)

You can't keep a unicorn down. :) :unicorn: :unicorn: :unicorn:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

James Steele wrote: I think someone quoted the topic here. He was responding to one of those "the-sky-is-falling-is-MOTU-doomed?" posts that I've watched with amusement for the last 20 or so years. :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Just so you know it's not just DP, pretty much every DAW is decried as on it's last legs when forum user X is working in the .0 upgrade, when some business transaction happens that doesn't favor DAW developer, or when they can't find what is obviously a basic feature of every other DAW 'they' know of.. When Z DAW gets new feature, etc. ad infinitum.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Let's not allow user X to join this forum then. He's obviously bad news!

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

monkey man wrote:Let's not allow user X to join this forum then. He's obviously bad news!
I think at times we are all user X. :deadhorse:
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.