Does DP9 Have MIDI Input Assign?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
ggm1960
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Does DP9 Have MIDI Input Assign?

Post by ggm1960 »

For performing live I've discovered that this is something that could be really useful for me and I can't think of any other reason that I would want to upgrade from ver 8.
Michael Canavan

Re: Does DP9 Have MIDI Input Assign?

Post by Michael Canavan »

Maybe I'm misinterpreting your question, but DP has always had the ability to assign a single controller to a MIDI track. It does not default to this however. Under the Studio menu bar option check Multi Record and all your various controllers can be assigned to specific tracks. I have no less than 6 MIDI devices so this would be a total deal breaker if I couldn't assign the Remote SL to a synth plug in, the 88 key to a piano in Kontakt, the Push pad controller to Maschine drum sounds etc.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
ggm1960

Post by ggm1960 »

Hey thanks a bunch Michael, I'm gonna check this out right now!
ggm1960

Post by ggm1960 »

Michael Canavan wrote:Maybe I'm misinterpreting your question, but DP has always had the ability to assign a single controller to a MIDI track. It does not default to this however. Under the Studio menu bar option check Multi Record and all your various controllers can be assigned to specific tracks. I have no less than 6 MIDI devices so this would be a total deal breaker if I couldn't assign the Remote SL to a synth plug in, the 88 key to a piano in Kontakt, the Push pad controller to Maschine drum sounds etc.
Thanks again so much for taking the time to post, this really changes everything! I'd always kind of wondered about it but since I'd always used MIDI with a MTP AV I was able to do the routings I wanted and didn't worry about it. Recently though I bought a new Roland FA-08 and to get it to change studio sets it turned out that I had to connect it through USB which threw my "system" for a loop. Now however, I'll be able to consolidate a bit more and have even more control over these things than I used to. This really makes my day!

Greg
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

Hey believe me DP like all complex pieces of software has had features that eluded me in the past.
Recently I figured out that there are default key commands for changing the edit grid resolution in the MIDI editor. I was looking for quantize grid.... :oops:
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.