Show Take Number on Soundbite?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Movies
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Show Take Number on Soundbite?

Post by Movies »

Hi, all.

This seems like it'd be pretty easy to do, but is there a way to display which take a particular soundbite is from directly on the soundbite itself -- like next to the soundbite's name?
MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel i7/16GB, OSX 10.14.6, DP 10.1, MOTU 896mk3
rockitcity

Re: Show Take Number on Soundbite?

Post by rockitcity »

Can't you tell by the track color? Seems last time I did a comp with the comp tool, the comp retained the original take's color, so when you "show takes" you can tell which one it came from.
Mac Mini Quad i7 2.6 Ghz, 16 G RAM, 2 SSD's. Motu 896 HD Hybrid, 8pre, Fastlane USB, Presonus Faderport, vintage guitars!
Movies

Post by Movies »

Soundbites, the way I have things configured anyway, are always the color of whatever track they're on (making all soundbites on a comp track the same color).

For a number of reasons, I'm not using the comp tool. I'm copying sections from different takes and pasting them into a master take/track.

There are six mics on this project each with the same eight or nine takes. Having the take number on each soundbite would be extra helpful.
csavetman

Post by csavetman »

If the takes are sequential, wouldn't the soundbite name reflect this? Ex : Gtr 01, Gtr 02
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

Have a look at the options for naming audio files as they are recorded. There might something there you can use. But generally DP associates takes with tracks, rather than the soundbytes in a track.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Movies

Post by Movies »

That's a good call for future projects. For the current sitch, though, I've already created and recorded everything and am currently trying to keep track of it all during editing/mixing; I could maybe work some soundbite-associated-with-take-naming magic.

I appreciate the help!