Duplicate Take key binding?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
daveyboy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Duplicate Take key binding?

Post by daveyboy »

I've been away from DP for a while and could have sworn I used to have "Duplicate Take" set to the letter "D". At this point I don't think there is a key binding for this as I haven't found one and nothing is showing up when I search the boards. Please correct me if I'm wrong! :banghead:
Dave
www.dbwproductions.com
10 core IMac w/128 gbs ram, DP11, Logic10x and PT 12, 4 room commercial studio (tuned by Bob Hodas) great for producers and composers!
cleamon

Re: Duplicate Take key binding?

Post by cleamon »

daveyboy wrote:I've been away from DP for a while and could have sworn I used to have "Duplicate Take" set to the letter "D". At this point I don't think there is a key binding for this as I haven't found one and nothing is showing up when I search the boards. Please correct me if I'm wrong! :banghead:
I know from the 'Take' menu you can duplicate a take, but as far as I know, there is no key binding for that (at least in 8.07). There is a 'Duplicate Track' key command (ctrl-cmd-D), but I don't think that's what you're asking about.
----------------------------------------------
Chuck
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)|| 16GB Ram || OS/X 10.14.6 || Motu 828MkII || Steinberg UR242 || DP8.07
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch), 2.7 GHz i5, 8GB Ram
daveyboy

Post by daveyboy »

I want to duplicate take. I can make new take no problem. Odd that there's not a key binding for "duplicate take".
Dave
www.dbwproductions.com
10 core IMac w/128 gbs ram, DP11, Logic10x and PT 12, 4 room commercial studio (tuned by Bob Hodas) great for producers and composers!
frankf

Post by frankf »

Key commands for several items in the mini menus would be helpful. Here's how I simplify invoking commands from mini menus using Keyboard Maestro, a Macro program. I' m in the Sequence Editor, btw. The one manual step I use is the first:
-place the cursor on the mini menu triangle.
-program a macro for the rest of the steps:
1. Click(opens the mini menu)
2. T (highlights the Takes item)
3. Right arrow (opens the Takes submenu)
4 du (highlights the Duplicate Take command)
5. Enter (invokes the command and duplicates the take)
Assign the macro in KM a trigger.

So if you assign the macro a keyboard trigger, you only have to position the cursor on the mini menu icon and use one key instead of all the clicks and cursor moves.

BTW, you cannot program a screen reference in KM to position the cursor over the mini menu icon because the location is always changing, at least the way I work.

Frank Ferrucci
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
daveyboy

Post by daveyboy »

Thanks Frank. I programmed Quick Keys to move the mouse for me once I'm over the take location. Works great.
Dave
www.dbwproductions.com
frankf

Post by frankf »

Happy it worked for you.
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB