DP8 clippings-track transfer between sessions?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockitcity
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP8 clippings-track transfer between sessions?

Post by rockitcity »

Did a search, but results were overwhelming, so sorry if this has been covered...

I have some DP8 tracks that were edited in one session that I wish to transfer to another. I highlighted a track and all of its regions and copied that selection to a clippings window. I then opened another DP8 session and dragged the clipping into the tracks overview window. The resulting track contained a few of the regions from the original session, but they were nonsense as far as their order.

Is there a way do this kind of track transfer? I resorted to merging the audio in the first session and transferring that file via clippings to the second session, but I would like to retain all the edit information in the second session. Both sessions reside in the same project folder, as do the audio files. Is this a known bug? Is there a work-around or other method of doing this? Thanks for any help.
Mac Mini Quad i7 2.6 Ghz, 16 G RAM, 2 SSD's. Motu 896 HD Hybrid, 8pre, Fastlane USB, Presonus Faderport, vintage guitars!
FMiguelez

Re: DP8 clippings-track transfer between sessions?

Post by FMiguelez »

Are you making time-range selections?
Drag over the top of the TO window to make a TR selection, and unselect the tracks that you don't want in your clipping.
Then, select the clipping where you want everything else saved from the Edit menú. That should work...

That technique works fine here with DP9.
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
rockitcity

Re: DP8 clippings-track transfer between sessions?

Post by rockitcity »

Yes, definitely did a time-range selection. Highlighted the entire track and copied it to clippings. When I dragged the clipping into the other session I got garbage. Start times are the same, frame and sample rates are the same. I think it's a bug. I haven't checked if I have the latest version of DP8 though, so maybe I'll check that when I get home tonight.

(Ahem, this is really easy in Pro Tools with the Import Session Data command...)
Mac Mini Quad i7 2.6 Ghz, 16 G RAM, 2 SSD's. Motu 896 HD Hybrid, 8pre, Fastlane USB, Presonus Faderport, vintage guitars!