Model 12 outputs missing?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Julia123
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Model 12 outputs missing?

Post by Julia123 »

I am attempting to use an aux track for a model 12 drum. The drop down output menu on the MIDI track only offers model 12-1-in. I'm messing with bundles but must be missing something. I know I've done this before. Thanks.
iMac 27" 4.2 GHz i7 1TB SSD. 40 GB RAM. Apogee One.
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Model 12 outputs missing?

Post by stubbsonic »

If I'm understanding your situation, you are confusing the MIDI routing with the audio routing.

You want to set the output of the MIDI track to send notes to the VI that is Model 12. That is so your Model 12 is "listening" to your MIDI track and playing your part for you.

Then look in your tracks list for the Instrument Track of the Model 12, and assign the output of that to any stereo bus pair you like (From example Stereo Bus 3 & 4).

Now go to your Aux track's input and assign that same bus pair as the input for your Aux. Set the Aux tracks output to wherever that should go.

I know it seems a little round-about, but it makes some other tasks easier to have it work this way.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Julia123
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Model 12 outputs missing?

Post by Julia123 »

Thank you!!
iMac 27" 4.2 GHz i7 1TB SSD. 40 GB RAM. Apogee One.