Grid snap but Stil show the grid in MIDI editor?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Grid snap but Stil show the grid in MIDI editor?

Post by rockman413 »

Hi if I cancel snap/grid, all the grids of beats disappaers, but I watched a youtube that even we cancel the snap/grid, the grids are still there. Is there a switch on/off for this?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
Shooshie

Re: Grid snap but Stil show the grid in MIDI editor?

Post by Shooshie »

Not sure exactly what you saw or what you're asking, but the COMMAND key (Control on windows) toggles the grid, only while you are holding it down.

Also, different zoom levels display different grid subdivisions.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

Shooshie wrote:Not sure exactly what you saw or what you're asking, but the COMMAND key (Control on windows) toggles the grid, only while you are holding it down.

Shooshie
Many of the misunderstanding comes from inaccurately expressed, so I guess I should improve my english. ~

It's about display of the grids of beats, subdivisions. When enable Grid snap, I can see everything, when I disable grid snap, I can only see the bars grid, where're the beats and subdivisions?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

rockman413 wrote:
Shooshie wrote:Not sure exactly what you saw or what you're asking, but the COMMAND key (Control on windows) toggles the grid, only while you are holding it down.

Shooshie
Many of the misunderstanding comes from inaccurately expressed, so I guess I should improve my english. ~

It's about display of the grids of beats, subdivisions. When enable Grid snap, I can see everything, when I disable grid snap, I can only see the bars grid, where're the beats and subdivisions?
Ah, now I know what you're talking about. That's one of my complaints about DP. I'd prefer a preference setting for that.

You can invoke the missing subdivisions by holding down the COMMAND key. But they go away when you release it. That Toggles the Grid on and off. If the Grid is on, it toggles it the other way.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

By the way, what is your native language, Rockman? You seem to do pretty well in English.