Is there a setup for wiper position after playback

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
cleamon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Is there a setup for wiper position after playback

Post by cleamon »

How did this thread morph from "auto-rewind" Q&A to "zoom" Q&A?
----------------------------------------------
Chuck
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)|| 16GB Ram || OS/X 10.14.6 || Motu 828MkII || Steinberg UR242 || DP8.07
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch), 2.7 GHz i5, 8GB Ram
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

Shooshie wrote:
rockman413 wrote:Please take a look at my original post about the zoom wiper question, to see if I mentioned track overview:
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=60744

Don't get me wrong, thanks for your answers any way:)
Dude, that's another thread. I responded to your post in this thread. Period. I can't read your mind and know that you posted elsewhere. I respond to what I see here, one thread, one post at a time . That's just how it works. When you post, it's not my job to research all that you've written in the past two weeks (or two days, two hours, or two years), and omnisciently surmise that you actually meant something other than what you wrote.

Your point is that I should be more careful when responding to your questions. Do you see how that doesn't apply here? Do you really want to kick me for responding to you? Extra Sensory Perception and comprehensive knowledge of everything you have posted are not covered under "read more carefully." Just accept that you didn't specify "Tracks Overview" anywhere in this thread until after I had answered you, and quit pretending otherwise.

I'm not sure why you're doing this. You've received more help than any individual in recent memory. But to come back and slap the helper with "you should read more carefully" is extremely rude and ill-mannered.

I think that does it for me. A simple "thank you" would have been nice. But to get caught up in the mind-games of lazy idiots who send you on fools' errands just makes me the fool. No regrets for posting answers, because lots of people may benefit from those same answers, but that will be the last question I answer for Rockman.

Shooshie
Apparently the question of this post (wiper transport thing) has nothing to do with Zoom, and you also said you're replying to the other post...
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
cleamon

Post by cleamon »

rockman413 wrote: Apparently the question of this post (wiper transport thing) has nothing to do with Zoom, and you also said you're replying to the other post...
And yet, you are the FIRST person mention ZOOM in this thread.
rockman413 wrote: ... you'll know I've read the manual before, like to zoom in and out using wiper, I mean not drag the wiper, but to use tools to zoom in and out centered by wiper....
Chuck
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)|| 16GB Ram || OS/X 10.14.6 || Motu 828MkII || Steinberg UR242 || DP8.07
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Brad?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

cleamon wrote:How did this thread morph from "auto-rewind" Q&A to "zoom" Q&A?
A Guide to This Thread

Cleamon, the thread was about the wiper and memory controls, and I responded to that. Then he made the post which you quoted, in which he asked about zooming. Meanwhile, kdm berated us and called us the worst forum ever for suggesting Rockman read the manual, which would have helped more than I could. So, when Rockman asked about zooming, I literally copied the manual on zooming, so he'd have the best answer. In Rockman's very next post, he tells me that I wasted my time, because all he wanted to know was how to do continuous zooming in the Tracks Window. This was the first time the words "Tracks Window" appeared in this thread (he still insists otherwise, despite the actual proof). I pointed that out and explained how the Tracks window works, and why. (zooms double or half, not continuous zoom like the other editors, and it's for a reason, not an oversight)

That's three questions answered in one thread, but he just accused me of reading poorly, that he'd actually asked something else all along, and to support this he quoted himself from ANOTHER thread. Of course, he is conflating two separate threads into one, presuming that we should be familiar with all his posts before replying!

I don't know whether Rockman is just confused, or if he is merely content to lie about what he said, which anyone can see is not true. Maybe he is just lashing out at me for suggesting that the manual would have better answers. Perhaps he's on drugs? Alcohol? Stress? Not my problem. I was just the fool who tried to help. Now I see he's playing mind games with us, and like the old saw to which MonkeyMan alluded, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME." You guys can handle his future questions, if you so desire.

So, that's how this thread evolved from one question to another, with accusations that my answers here didn't properly address yet a 3rd question from a totally different thread. It's apparent that my attempts to educate Rockman are about as effective as herding cats.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Bowman

Post by Bowman »

Shooshie wrote:It's apparent that my attempts to educate Rockman are about as effective as herding cats.

Shooshie
Or herding trolls, perhaps?

Bowman
iMac Intel Core i5 3.2ghz - 16gb RAM - OSX 10.10.5 - DP 9.01 - Mach Five 3.2.1 - Ethno Instrument 2.0.3 - Kontakt 5.4.3 - 4pre - 828 original - micro express
cleamon

Post by cleamon »

Shooshie wrote:
cleamon wrote:How did this thread morph from "auto-rewind" Q&A to "zoom" Q&A?
A Guide to This Thread

Cleamon, the thread was about the wiper and memory controls, and I responded to that. Then he made the post which you quoted, in which he asked about zooming. Meanwhile, kdm berated us and called us the worst forum ever for suggesting Rockman read the manual, which would have helped more than I could. So, when Rockman asked about zooming, I literally copied the manual on zooming, so he'd have the best answer. In Rockman's very next post, he tells me that I wasted my time, because all he wanted to know was how to do continuous zooming in the Tracks Window. This was the first time the words "Tracks Window" appeared in this thread (he still insists otherwise, despite the actual proof). I pointed that out and explained how the Tracks window works, and why. (zooms double or half, not continuous zoom like the other editors, and it's for a reason, not an oversight)

That's three questions answered in one thread, but he just accused me of reading poorly, that he'd actually asked something else all along, and to support this he quoted himself from ANOTHER thread. Of course, he is conflating two separate threads into one, presuming that we should be familiar with all his posts before replying!

I don't know whether Rockman is just confused, or if he is merely content to lie about what he said, which anyone can see is not true. Maybe he is just lashing out at me for suggesting that the manual would have better answers. Perhaps he's on drugs? Alcohol? Stress? Not my problem. I was just the fool who tried to help. Now I see he's playing mind games with us, and like the old saw to which MonkeyMan alluded, "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on ME." You guys can handle his future questions, if you so desire.

So, that's how this thread evolved from one question to another, with accusations that my answers here didn't properly address yet a 3rd question from a totally different thread. It's apparent that my attempts to educate Rockman are about as effective as herding cats.

Shooshie
Thanks Shoosie. I also responded to the original question, but not as an answer. I'd rather show someone HOW to fish, than just give them a fish. You are generous with your time and knowledge to a fault my friend. I asked my wife to "solve" this simple, basic problem, which she did in short order (less than 10 minutes) by "consulting the (electronic) book". And she knows nothing about this stuff, but she does know how to find answers. I'm sadden to see this thread devolve to the point it has.
Thanks again for all your input, here and elsewhere.
Chuck
Chuck
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

IMHO, it hasn't devolved in the sense that there's an easily-discernible structure to it; Shooshie's provided not only worthwhile guidance, but the glue through his editorial input that's ensured its potentially-enduring efficacy here at the 'Nation.

In short, I still see it as a worthwhile exercise, whilst I acknowledge that it's an easy thing for me to say given the fact that I've not contributed the man-hours he has.
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Brad?
MOTU must face. LOL

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

cleamon wrote:
rockman413 wrote: Apparently the question of this post (wiper transport thing) has nothing to do with Zoom, and you also said you're replying to the other post...
And yet, you are the FIRST person mention ZOOM in this thread.
rockman413 wrote: ... you'll know I've read the manual before, like to zoom in and out using wiper, I mean not drag the wiper, but to use tools to zoom in and out centered by wiper....
Oh I see where the confusion is !

Here's the original post of this quote "guys, before posting the OP, I've read the manual, in fact everytime I have a question I click help and click the manual.I found a lot of useful things in the m, but for this I didn't found the way I want, until kdm points out that "it's different from Pro Tools, Cubase,etc." My original question is to see if I can achieve that without memory location. .... I posted some questions, but if you looked at my questions carefully enough, you'll know I've read the manual before, like to zoom in and out using wiper, I mean not drag the wiper, but to use tools to zoom in and out centered by wiper. Maybe there's always a solution in the manual, but sometimes we can't expect people to be perfect at understanding all the manual. May I delete this post if you guys keep debating with each other?"

When I say zoom I also mentioned I posted some questions, ---> I should say my other questions (the one about zoom in and out and the one I quoted which mentioned Track overview)! And I always thought Shooshie have read my the other post thus he replied about that question about zoom.
My english seems ok but still can't express what I'm thinking clearly enough, so sorry for the confusion !:) and Shooshie, another thank you and I never doubted your good faith in helping people, you're a nice guy and you can't be seriously at somebody who didn't successfully express what he had in mind right? :)
It's also great to see where the real confusion is and solve a misunderstanding, as we are all good faith. Now it's solved, at least for me. No matter if you're going to igorne my future questions or not, "A Simple Thank you" to you Shooshie!
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

I'm chucking a bit o' burley in the water 'cause the bait on the hook seems to have lost its pungency.

[Monkey tips the rest of his burley bucket into the deep...]

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here