A way to zoom into the wiper, instaed of selection?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
philbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: A way to zoom into the wiper, instaed of selection?

Post by philbrown »

So what I wanna know is, can this Amplidood dude replace my wipers for me?

2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

philbrown wrote:So what I wanna know is, can this Amplidood dude replace my wipers for me?

Try holding down the Control key while you do that, Phil.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

philbrown wrote:It works in the Sequence editor (you have to hold down the Control key while dragging) but not in the Tracks Overview.
Works in the SE without the Control key using a magic mouse with DP9.01 (one finger scroll). Wonder if it's a magic mouse thing. If you have a scroll wheel or ball that might work.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
kdm
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by kdm »

Phil O wrote:
philbrown wrote:It works in the Sequence editor (you have to hold down the Control key while dragging) but not in the Tracks Overview.
Works in the SE without the Control key using a magic mouse with DP9.01 (one finger scroll). Wonder if it's a magic mouse thing. If you have a scroll wheel or ball that might work.

Phil

Just a control-drag feature here. Steinberg changed this behavior in Cubase/Nuendo recently such that once you drag down into the project window, it will only zoom - location dragging is disabled. This is the only way I find this feature somewhat useful. I never want to zoom and drag around the project at the same time. There are easier key commands to do either without having to grab the mouse and hit a control key too.
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

kdm wrote:
monkey man wrote:
kdm wrote:No worries Shooshie - just minor semantics...
Thank God.

Major semantics really grind my gears.
I am relieved to hear that my typo did not unduly grind your gears. I have edited my fragmented comment to remove the unintended redundancy.
I was having a stab at humour. I've been known to unsuccessfully attempt this on occasion.

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Maybe try a swipe instead of a stab. So to speak...
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
monkey man

Post by monkey man »

Hmm... or if I had a stick (an endless source of entertainment), I could slap it.

OK, wipe that one...

Mac 2012 12C Cheese Grater, OSX 10.13.6
MOTU DP8.07, MachFive 3.2.1, MIDI Express XT, 24I/O
Novation, Yamaha & Roland Synths, Guitar & Bass, Kemper Rack

Pretend I've placed your favourite quote here