a way to show keyswtich notes as pizz. or none in quickscri?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

a way to show keyswtich notes as pizz. or none in quickscri?

Post by rockman413 »

In quickscribe, is there a way to show the keyswitch notes as pizz. or other articulations, or simply don't show those ultra low notes in violin score AS DEFAULT ( we can change that notes into playback only, but we have to do it everytime, I mean a way to set the violin track not showing ultra low notes as default)?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
stubbsonic

Re: a way to show keyswtich notes as pizz. or none in quicks

Post by stubbsonic »

There are several functions that could make this work, but none to directly convert low notes into markers that say "pizz" (for example).

I suppose this is an interesting concept. But perhaps that would be more suited for a dedicated notation program.

I've been tempted to wish that DP was ALL THINGS. It is a DAW with very good notation. It is not a notation program, per se.

As for hiding notes by default, I'd suggest you set up a Split Notes process. This can send notes of a certain range to another track. That way you can just leave the switches on a separate track and keep them out of the QS notation.

You may find it worthwhile to learn about DP's Search function and Split Notes function.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

When I'm doing a lot of editing to tracks with MIDI keyswitches, I separate the keyswitches into other tracks. That is, I put them into similar tracks that I create by typing CONTROL/COMMAND/S. That duplicates the track and its I/O, but not the data. Then you use Split Notes to select the keyswitches, which you can then drag into the waiting track in the Tracks Overview Window. When you see partial selections in that window (as with Keyswitches), you carefully click on the highlighted notes, then drag to the other track. It will take all the selection and move it (merged) to the other track.

Or you can do the process in the Search window and have it move the data to the appropriate track. (I think it will even create a new track if you wish)

When your keyswitches are in another track, you can edit freely without worry for what's happening to them. If you move things around, you need to be sure to edit both tracks at once.

It's another way of working, and you can use it in most DAWs, though DP's Tracks Overview Window arguably makes it a lot easier in DP than in, say, Logic.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

Thanks guys, I got what you mean.

I'm thinking if we can set that as a track default, like for violin track, it's by default not to show ultra low notes, not we do that split notes action everytime when we have some keyswitches new.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

I suspect that you might be able to set up some kind of clever combination of defaults, actions, and even a macro, to accomplish what you need pretty quickly.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

magicd

Post by magicd »

In Quickscribe, notes can be selected and designated as hidden.

Quickscribe window mini-menu>Playback-only Notes

Dave
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

The OP mentions that in his first post. I think he was looking for a more turn-key way to accomplish this.

Perhaps it could be even a track setting that lets you set a range for the track. I.e...

[ ] Limit notation range from ____ to ____

Have QS ignore notes outside that range (in perhaps a similar way to the ignore mistakes thing).

rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

stubbsonic wrote:The OP mentions that in his first post. I think he was looking for a more turn-key way to accomplish this.

Perhaps it could be even a track setting that lets you set a range for the track. I.e...

[ ] Limit notation range from ____ to ____

Have QS ignore notes outside that range (in perhaps a similar way to the ignore mistakes thing).
This is what I mean, to set the track setttings, so we don't have to do it everytime when we add a new keyswitch