Record erase exsiting MIDI notes

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Record erase exsiting MIDI notes

Post by rockman413 »

HI!
Sometimes I met the occasion that record will replace the exisiting MIDI notes, but sometimes I don't get this occassion, anyone has an idea how to turn it/off?

Thanks!
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
Morpheo

Re: Record erase exsiting MIDI notes

Post by Morpheo »

rockman413 wrote:HI!
Sometimes I met the occasion that record will replace the exisiting MIDI notes, but sometimes I don't get this occassion, anyone has an idea how to turn it/off?

Thanks!
I assume your overdub button is "on"? :wink:
Mac Pro 5,1 12-core 2.4 GHz//40GB RAM//RX 560//macOS 10.13.6//SSDs//MOTU 896//Keylab 88//Faderport 8
Pro Tools 2018.7//LPX 10.4.1//DP 9.51
NI Komplete Ultimate 11//Albion One//Soundiron Choirs//Pianoteq//Analog Lab//VSL SE & Chamber Strings//etc
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

Morpheo wrote:
rockman413 wrote:HI!

Thanks!
I assume your overdub button is "on"? :wink:
Got this fixed by shortcut. Where is this button? Couldnot find it...
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

In the transport, under the pause button. It looks like a play triangle with a little tuning fork under it. (This is showing the merging of live MIDI with recording MIDI).
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Once again, it would be nice if folks would create a signature listing, at the very least, what machine, what OS and what version of DP they're running.

In DP9, the Overdub button is moved to a group of buttons to the left of the transport, right next to the "X bars" count-in button, and finally got a better icon. While it's nearly impossible to depict the meaning of "overdub" in a tiny flat graphic, this new "recording-style red dot with a plus sign in the middle" comes a lot closer to whatever the hell that old one was supposed to mean.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]