DP9 & BFD3 Multiouts

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
waxman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP9 & BFD3 Multiouts

Post by waxman »

Does FXpansion not support multi outs in DP9?
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
musicman691

Re: DP9 & BFD3 Multiouts

Post by musicman691 »

waxman wrote:Does FXpansion not support multi outs in DP9?
BFD3 does support multiple audio outputs in DP9 - been using it that way for all my work. I have a preset in BFD3 to do that and that's where you have to configure things. I have a DP9 clipping that has BFD3 on an instrument track, the MIDI track to drive BFD3 and a multitude of aux and audio tracks routed and all setup so that each drum or group of drums, cymbals, overheads and other mics in BFD3 go to individual tracks so I can mix it like a normal acoustic kit. I also have a DP9 project template with everything setup as well. Takes a bit of work but worth it.

To set things up you need to do so in the BFD3 mixer where you can route the outs of each drum mic to a separate audio output path or to internal BFD3 auxs and then to a BFD3 output. All in the BFD3 manual.
Tim

Post by Tim »

It works for me. OS 10.8.6. In Bundles, the stereo outs go to 2 through 16, then the mono outs are odd numbers only, 17, 19, 21, etc.
waxman

Post by waxman »

Tim wrote:It works for me. OS 10.8.6. In Bundles, the stereo outs go to 2 through 16, then the mono outs are odd numbers only, 17, 19, 21, etc.
Thanks Tim... yeah so I noticed that... 5 in BFD3 is 25 in DP9. Crazy.
It worked perfect for me with BFD2 and DP 8. Oh well I'll have to see if I can get a template made.
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
waxman

Post by waxman »

musicman691 wrote:
BFD3 does support multiple audio outputs in DP9 - been using it that way for all my work. I have a preset in BFD3 to do that and that's where you have to configure things. I have a DP9 clipping that has BFD3 on an instrument track, the MIDI track to drive BFD3 and a multitude of aux and audio tracks routed and all setup so that each drum or group of drums, cymbals, overheads and other mics in BFD3 go to individual tracks so I can mix it like a normal acoustic kit. I also have a DP9 project template with everything setup as well. Takes a bit of work but worth it.

To set things up you need to do so in the BFD3 mixer where you can route the outs of each drum mic to a separate audio output path or to internal BFD3 auxs and then to a BFD3 output. All in the BFD3 manual.
Jack would like to post that clipping?
waxman
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

waxman wrote:
musicman691 wrote:

Jack would like to post that clipping?
Rather than give you the clipping (which has a couple of issues I haven't fixed) I'd like to post a session with things setup the way I use them but I can't figure out how to attach a file to a post. Also I don't use mono outs from BFD, just the stereo ones.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Tim wrote:It works for me. OS 10.8.6. In Bundles, the stereo outs go to 2 through 16, then the mono outs are odd numbers only, 17, 19, 21, etc.
In my setup I use audio tracks to accept the BFD3 outputs; no bundles needed for that. I have two bundles - one for the BFD3 main output and one for the aux track that accepts the outputs for all the audio tracks.
waxman

Post by waxman »

Rather than give you the clipping (which has a couple of issues I haven't fixed) I'd like to post a session with things setup the way I use them but I can't figure out how to attach a file to a post. Also I don't use mono outs from BFD, just the stereo ones.
Now your talk'n
waxman
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

waxman wrote:
Rather than give you the clipping (which has a couple of issues I haven't fixed) I'd like to post a session with things setup the way I use them but I can't figure out how to attach a file to a post. Also I don't use mono outs from BFD, just the stereo ones.[/quote]

Now your talk'n[/quote]
PM sent; can't attach files here