MMC sync between DP and Pro Tools

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MMC sync between DP and Pro Tools

Post by rockman413 »

Hi there,
I understand this is not a Pro Tools forum but when it comes to Sync, it releates to different DAW and I'm pretty sure the correct setup for me now should be inside DP.
I know and I've successfully setup DP & PT to sync via MTC.
I want them to sync also via MMC. I previously use Logic, and I set Logic to transmit MMC, then I just drag my cursor in logic , PT's cursor will follow .
I set DP to enable MMC, I can't do the same (which technically I can) as I did in Logic- drag the cursor and let PT's cursor follow. Furthure more, when I enabled MMC, I can't play DP, does enable MMC means to put DP in slave mode? Is there a place we can set DP in master MMC mode?

Thanks!
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
bralston

Re: MMC sync between DP and Pro Tools

Post by bralston »

When you enable MMC in DP...it automatically goes into slave mode. But this can be simply clicked off (little clock icon near the transport) and MMC will still be sent as it is set up to send and then DP can control PT.
Regards,

Brian Ralston

- MacPro 7,1 3.2 GHz 16-core Intel Xeon W, 384GB 2933MHz DDR4 RAM, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD OS drive, 6TB Samsung Pro EVOPlus SSDs via Sonnet 4x4 M.2 PCIe card, Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB, UAD-2 Quad, DP 10.13, DP 11.0,
- 15" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost to 4.8GHz, 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 mem, Radeon Pro Vega 20 w/4GB HBM2 mem, 2TB SSD storage, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD, DP 10.13
dewdman42

Re: MMC sync between DP and Pro Tools

Post by dewdman42 »

My understanding is that MMC commands are only sent from DP to hardware MIDI devices for some reason....doesn't go over IAC. But supposedly in DP9 they made it work on IAC too. I don't have DP9 so I can't confirm that.
5,1 MacPro 3.46ghz x 12 cores,96gb, Monterey (OpenCore), Lynx AES16e-50+X32