How to mute ,solo the selected track with only 1 key?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How to mute ,solo the selected track with only 1 key?

Post by rockman413 »

For e.g. can I select track 8 and press m to mute track8, under track& seq editor view?

For solo, we know there's one key to enter solo mode, but how can we use shortcuts to just solo the track we're focused on in MIDI editor or in seq/track view?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
Guitar Gaz

Re: How to mute ,solo the selected track with only 1 key?

Post by Guitar Gaz »

I have a Korg NanoKontrol 2 and I can just press the Mute button on that and it will Mute that track on the DP mixer. But I doubt there is any other way - how could you assign a shortcut to a track on the mixer (given that all mixers change for each chunk) ? What would the possible protocol be for that? I doubt it could be done - so spend $40 on a NanoKontrol2 and you get faders, record, solo, mute button control and transport buttons - and it all works a treat.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

Ctrl-shift-t is the closest command I know of, but you have to enter the track number.

Your other option is to hit the 'play button' on the track. DP uses 'play enable' instead of 'mute'.
reedster

Post by reedster »

nanoKontrol is handy for this - alternatively and at no cost:

For single button push in any window, use DP’s MIDIKeys to generate Note-On messages along with DP's Control Surface setup.

for instance - with Mackie Control protocol to Solo tracks 1 through 8, MIDIkeys would need to produce notes in the range G#-1 to D#0

and to put track 1 into record: C-1

DP/Setup/Control Surface Setup

Driver Mackie Control
Unit Mackie Control

Set Input Port to MIDIKeys

=====================
implementation chart:
http://home.comcast.net/~robbowers11/MCMap.htm

MIDImonitor is handy when setting this up.
http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/
MacBook Pro 9,1 15" 16gb | 10.12.4 | DP 9.13 | xAir | NI | WIVI | Garritan | Izotope | Bidule
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

Robert Randolph wrote:Ctrl-shift-t is the closest command I know of, but you have to enter the track number.

Your other option is to hit the 'play button' on the track. DP uses 'play enable' instead of 'mute'.
Is there a shortcut to that play button, instead of mute it in mixer?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

rockman413 wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:Ctrl-shift-t is the closest command I know of, but you have to enter the track number.

Is there a shortcut to that play button, instead of mute it in mixer?
It's ctrl-shift-t, like I said in the post you quoted.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Robert Randolph wrote:
rockman413 wrote:Is there a shortcut to that play button, instead of mute it in mixer?
It's ctrl-shift-t, like I said in the post you quoted.
I actually didn't know about that command, but now that I tried it, it's pretty darned handy. It takes you a couple tries to learn the numbers of your tracks, but once you get those numbers, it's easy to remember them. Works great! Thanks for that, Robert!

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|