How to let record button follows mouse selection on differen

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How to let record button follows mouse selection on differen

Post by rockman413 »

How to let record button follows mouse selection on different tracks,
for e.g., select track 8 and then track 8 is enabled for rec, then select track 10 then track 8 is not enabled for rect but track 10 is enable for rec.
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
Guitar Gaz

Re: How to let record button follows mouse selection on diff

Post by Guitar Gaz »

All these many posts you are making, and asking for all these things - have you been able to do them on any other DAW?
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

Though I can understand that desire, what a nightmare that would be. If I wanted to view one track while recording another, I'd be driven nuts by the record enabled tracks moving. It would also cause lots of problems because MIDI note-offs would have to revert to previously enabled tracks. What a mess.

In the graphic editor, you do have record enable buttons.

You CAN put lots of channels into over-dub record (via multi-record option), then channelize your incoming MIDI channel to change which track is "listening".

If you are talking about Audio, that is a deeper level of nightmare.

Setting up some key commands to go in/out of record, and others to shift to next/previous record enabled track (defaults to up/down arrows on Mac) can make that process pretty streamlined.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

Guitar Gaz wrote:All these many posts you are making, and asking for all these things - have you been able to do them on any other DAW?
You can do this in other some other DAWs. Input following selection is a concept that's been around since the Amiga days.

I don't know how to do this in DP though.

edit: Looks like if you have 1 track record enabled, you can move that record-enable to another track by using the up/down arrow keys. That is pretty close to what's being asked I think.