El Capitan KILLS AlphaTrack USB Driver... back to Yosemite

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
EMRR
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: El Capitan KILLS AlphaTrack USB Driver... back to Yosemi

Post by EMRR »

James Steele wrote: Sometimes I find I have to disconnect and reconnect the AlphaTrack after loading my first DP project. After that the AlphaTrack is recognized consistently.
This has been true for me since using the 64 bit driver.
Doug Williams
Electromagnetic Radiation Recorders
The Martha Bassett Show broadcast mixer
Tape Op issue 73

DP 11.31
Studio M1 Max OS12.7.3
MOTU 16A and Monitor 8
M1 Pro MBP for remotes and editing
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

It seems to have started up for me with El Capitan.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
meph

Post by meph »

Hello,
I updated today to El capitan, logic pro X 10.2...I made everything I read in the above post, but logic can't see alphatrack...there are any other news?

please :-)
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

meph wrote:Hello,
I updated today to El capitan, logic pro X 10.2...I made everything I read in the above post, but logic can't see alphatrack...there are any other news?

An Apple application might not care if you have disabled SIP. Not having any need to do that on any of my Macs, this is just a blind guess on my part.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

meph wrote:Hello,

Please note that the instructions pertained to Digital Performer. I don't have Logic and wouldn't be able to tell you what to do.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
meph

Post by meph »

ok, thank you

best
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Does the 64bit driver work with Yosemite? We seem to be having a glitch with that. Does it work on DP 8 ad 9?
Music is movement in silence
My day jon - http://www.audioplanet.pl
My other passion - http://www.aps-company.pl
rikki rivett

Re: El Capitan KILLS AlphaTrack USB Driver... SOLUTION

Post by rikki rivett »

I'm on 10.11.6 El Capitain but here's a solution which worked for me with Logic 10.3.2:

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/view ... 52#p685552

Scroll down to the post from Roofe which has detailed clear instructions and links to all the files you need. Awesome.

Very happy to have found this!! Hope it works for you guys!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

rikki rivett wrote:I'm on 10.11.6 El Capitain but here's a solution which worked for me with Logic 10.3.2:

https://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/view ... 52#p685552

Scroll down to the post from Roofe which has detailed clear instructions and links to all the files you need. Awesome.

Very happy to have found this!! Hope it works for you guys!
Yeah, it's funny that in the post explaining how to do it, the guy pretty much copied word for word my post explaining how to do it posted earlier in this thread.

There's a newer installer that makes that unnecessary today and I'm using my AlphaTrack with Sierra and DP 9.51, however sometimes during a DP session the AT can become unresponsive and I have to unplug and re-plug the AT to get it to work again. I'm in contact with the developer to try to get this issue solved. I even sent him a spare AT unit to test with.

Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Thanks for the updates, James. I broke down and bought a single-channel FaderPort, but I like the AlphaTrack better. I’m on Sierra, but I’ll be watching to see if the AT drivers get updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
akr
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by akr »

Hi guys, Im running dp 9 on mac os 10.7.5

alpha track drivers are correctly installed because i can see in status bar and control them, but in dp 9 i cant see the driver in control surface set up,

whatz the problem

may be i have to buy synclaviers drivers......
any suggestion is welcome
DP10 macPro 3.1 (2008), 2x 8coreXntel Xeon 5400, RAM 32 Gb, UAD 2, Waves 9 Diamond, Izotope Nectar3 & Neutron2
2x 24IO, RMEff800
Soundcraft 8000 36 ch
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

Shooshie wrote:I'm pretty happy with DP9.01 and Yosemite for now. I'd love to move forward with El Cap, but I'm going to wait until they get at least the big, fat, juicy bugs squashed. No need to have to keep cleaning my windshield! I can pretty well speed down the highway with Yosemite, and my windshield so far is sparkling with clean. Transparent and tough!

Shooshie
Why aren’t you running 9.52? Just wondering
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

toodamnhip wrote:
Shooshie wrote:I'm pretty happy with DP9.01 and Yosemite for now. I'd love to move forward with El Cap, but I'm going to wait until they get at least the big, fat, juicy bugs squashed. No need to have to keep cleaning my windshield! I can pretty well speed down the highway with Yosemite, and my windshield so far is sparkling with clean. Transparent and tough!

Shooshie
Because 9.51 is the most recent version, and 9.52 doesn't seem to exist yet?

(Patiently waiting for some kind of "I got it special/in beta test/from a guy I know" schtick)
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
toodamnhip

Post by toodamnhip »

Gravity Jim wrote:
toodamnhip wrote:

Shooshie
Because 9.51 is the most recent version, and 9.52 doesn't seem to exist yet?

(Patiently waiting for some kind of "I got it special/in beta test/from a guy I know" schtick)
Dude. What would you do for a life if you didn’t have me to hassle? Every time I unblock you, you act like a fool again. And for no particular reason but to act like a fool. Nice! :rofl: Be gone with you peasant! :brucelee:
Mac Pro (Late 2013
2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3
Mojave
DP 10.13
MOTU 8pre, MTP AV, 828 mkII
Tons of VIS and plug ins. SSD hard drives etc