How to multirack bounce (not realtime)?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How to multirack bounce (not realtime)?

Post by rockman413 »

How to bounce or let's say export multitrack into multiaudios , not by realtime?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
Shooshie

Re: How to multirack bounce (not realtime)?

Post by Shooshie »

rockman413 wrote:How to bounce or let's say export multitrack into multiaudios , not by realtime?
Freeze Tracks is about as close as it gets. You can't bounce multiple tracks into multiple audio files at the same time.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
reedster

Post by reedster »

You can setup an aux track with a multitrack output, bus audio into this aux and Bounce To Disk Broadcast Wave, Deinterleaved files. Set the multitrack output as the source. Rename the resulting files so they don't appear to be a multitrack file format.

Create an Aggregate Device to have more outputs.
MacBook Pro 9,1 15" 16gb | 10.12.4 | DP 9.13 | xAir | NI | WIVI | Garritan | Izotope | Bidule
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

reedster wrote:You can setup an aux track with a multitrack output, bus audio into this aux and Bounce To Disk Broadcast Wave, Deinterleaved files. Set the multitrack output as the source. Rename the resulting files so they don't appear to be a multitrack file format.

De-interleaved. I didn't think of that. How many tracks can you do that way? Do you have to set it up as a 5.1 or something? Or just any number of tracks (done that way) will result in the same number of bounces?

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

reedster wrote:You can setup an aux track with a multitrack output, bus audio into this aux and Bounce To Disk Broadcast Wave, Deinterleaved files. Set the multitrack output as the source. Rename the resulting files so they don't appear to be a multitrack file format.

Can you describe more details?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
reedster

Post by reedster »

I believe you're limited to the number of valid outputs.
Bouncing may also require a standard multi-channel format.
It would seem 4GB is the total BWAV file size limit.

So it appears one could bounce 12 stems using a 10.2 output, I didn't try that as I would need to hook up an additional interface to have enough valid outputs.

7.1 which yielded 8 tracks worked. MOTU Traveler for 6 outputs + Built-In Audio for 2 more, setup as an aggregate device, as outlined here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202000

Here's an example project: http://tinyurl.com/nvz25ec
where 8 tracks bounced to 8 stems which were renamed and
then imported into the project.
MacBook Pro 9,1 15" 16gb | 10.12.4 | DP 9.13 | xAir | NI | WIVI | Garritan | Izotope | Bidule
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Well, holy Mark VI-a-moly, Bat-Reedster! I think you've just opened up the door for a paradigm change. It seems to me that MOTU could run with this and offer all kinds of convenient bounciness without having to risk too much code. I can't believe I never even thought of this. That's brilliant out-of-the-box thinking for in-the-box mixing. How'd you come up with that?

Shooshie