Sends not changing when changing Mix1 to Mix2

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Sends not changing when changing Mix1 to Mix2

Post by rockman413 »

We can change our mix , mix1, mi2, multiple mixes...
However I found that sends are not following , if I have 2 mixes: mix1 and mix2, if I add a new send on a track in mix 2, mix1 will have it as well. How to completely seperate them for different sends, outputs, ...
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
Shooshie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Sends not changing when changing Mix1 to Mix2

Post by Shooshie »

rockman413 wrote:We can change our mix , mix1, mi2, multiple mixes...
However I found that sends are not following , if I have 2 mixes: mix1 and mix2, if I add a new send on a track in mix 2, mix1 will have it as well. How to completely seperate them for different sends, outputs, ...
Sends are part of I/O setup.

Mixes are temporary data.

Changing to another mix does not change your I/O setup.

If you want to completely separate them, with two completely different ways of setting up I/O or Sends, you will want to duplicate the sequence and rename it something like "My Song, version 2." Then you can change your I/O all you want, as well as your mixes. But if you make changes in your original data, you will want to copy those changes to the other sequence. That's pretty easy to do.

DP offers some of the best possible ways of working, and many ways of doing most things. But it's not a perfect world. Some things you may want to do just don't have a menu or button. There's usually a way to do it, but you have to figure it out.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|