How to Sync between MIDI editor and selection in track view

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How to Sync between MIDI editor and selection in track view

Post by rockman413 »

Hi there,
We can open/pop out a MIDI editor and put it in Space 2 or other monitor, but if we select something new in the track view, it will always open a new MIDI editor instead of switch that exisiting MIDI editor to edit the new selected track/region. How to let them sycn with each other?

Thanks
Roc
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
Shooshie

Re: How to Sync between MIDI editor and selection in track v

Post by Shooshie »

Synchronize your windows so that they all follow the cursor.
When you want to go to the MIDI Edit Window, either switch to its Space, where it's waiting for you as you left it, but scrolled to the current measure or time marker. You can also use the keyboard command for the MIDI Editor.

However, I do not experience the problem you describe. I can double click any MIDI object in the Tracks Overview Window, and it goes right to the MIDI Editor Window that I've left open in Space 3, scrolled to the proper location. Works 1st time, every time.

I think you need to set your preferences for the multiple-MIDI-Editor.
  • • Open the Preferences Window
    • Go to EDITING / MIDI EDITING
    • Look at MIDI Editor Options
    • Set it for "Open one MIDI Editor for each sequence with all MIDI tracks"
For me, this is the most efficient way to edit MIDI, anyway. I bugged MOTU for about 9 years to get that feature, which they finally put into DP 3.0 in January, 2001.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
rockman413

Re: How to Sync between MIDI editor and selection in track v

Post by rockman413 »

Shooshie wrote:Synchronize your windows so that they all follow the cursor.
When you want to go to the MIDI Edit Window, either switch to its Space, where it's waiting for you as you left it, but scrolled to the current measure or time marker. You can also use the keyboard command for the MIDI Editor.

However, I do not experience the problem you describe. I can double click any MIDI object in the Tracks Overview Window, and it goes right to the MIDI Editor Window that I've left open in Space 3, scrolled to the proper location. Works 1st time, every time.

I think you need to set your preferences for the multiple-MIDI-Editor.
  • • Open the Preferences Window
    • Go to EDITING / MIDI EDITING
    • Look at MIDI Editor Options
    • Set it for "Open one MIDI Editor for each sequence with all MIDI tracks"
For me, this is the most efficient way to edit MIDI, anyway. I bugged MOTU for about 9 years to get that feature, which they finally put into DP 3.0 in January, 2001.

Shooshie
Perfect!
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD