Quickscribe Display Quantize?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Quickscribe Display Quantize?

Post by rockman413 »

Hi , I've played some notes into a track and some of the notes are not displayed in quickscribe as I intended, is there a feature like other DAW that we can Display Quantize(not really changing the MIDI notes themselves)?

Thanks!
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
cleamon

Re: Quickscribe Display Quantize?

Post by cleamon »

rockman413 wrote:Hi , I've played some notes into a track and some of the notes are not displayed in quickscribe as I intended, is there a feature like other DAW that we can Display Quantize(not really changing the MIDI notes themselves)?

Thanks!
From the quickscribe mini menu, check out "score options". There you should find Transcription: Ignore mistakes
adjust as you see fit
----------------------------------------------
Chuck
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)|| 16GB Ram || OS/X 10.14.6 || Motu 828MkII || Steinberg UR242 || DP8.07
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch), 2.7 GHz i5, 8GB Ram
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

I mean, if I play a number of 32th notes and the tempo displayed in quickscribe is not that perfect, normally in other DAW there's a display quantize/interpretation so we can display it right , without changing the MIDI. How can we achieve this in DP?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
DanielCoe

Post by DanielCoe »

rockman413 wrote:I mean, if I play a number of 32th notes and the tempo displayed in Quickscribe is not that perfect, normally in other DAW there's a display quantize/interpretation so we can display it right , without changing the MIDI. How can we achieve this in DP?
I just had good results by turning ON Score Options>Straighten Swing. This was in a piece which used triplets which also included the 16th note sub division with the triplet. Activating this feature dramatically cleaned it up.

But also, have you tried using Display-Only notes so not to alter the performance? I have not, but that may be what you're looking for.
Mac Pro (Mid 2010) 2 x 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
128GB RAM
MOTU 2408 mk3
Mac OS 10.14.6