How to scroll inside MIDI editor?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

How to scroll inside MIDI editor?

Post by rockman413 »

Hi !
When use the mouse wheel to scroll in MIDI editor, either it scroll to the top or to the bottom.... How can I scroll it slowly and find the MIDI notes I have in piano roll?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
Guitar Gaz

Re: How to scroll inside MIDI editor?

Post by Guitar Gaz »

keep left caps key pressed while using scroll wheel
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
cleamon

Post by cleamon »

rockman413 wrote:Hi !
When use the mouse wheel to scroll in MIDI editor, either it scroll to the top or to the bottom.... How can I scroll it slowly and find the MIDI notes I have in piano roll?
Not sure what the problem is with your mouse, my doesn't do that. On the other hand, you can always use the scroll handle on the left side - just click and drag it.
----------------------------------------------
Chuck
iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)|| 16GB Ram || OS/X 10.14.6 || Motu 828MkII || Steinberg UR242 || DP8.07
Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch), 2.7 GHz i5, 8GB Ram
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

What version? In DP 8 I had that problem with Trackpads and the Apple Magic mouse, but not with other devices. It's fixed in DP 9.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

bayswater wrote:
What version? In DP 8 I had that problem with Trackpads and the Apple Magic mouse, but not with other devices. It's fixed in DP 9.
DP9 on PC. I just tried DP9 on Mac, this problem is gone!! Is there a switch or setting for this?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

bayswater wrote:
It does not appear to be totally fixed in some Windows systems. It jumps from top to bottom for me in windows as well.

Same system, same peripherals, it works fine in OS X.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I suppose that casts some doubt on the argument that it was an Apple issue and not a DP issue.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8