An easier way to drag the crusor?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

An easier way to drag the crusor?

Post by rockman413 »

Not sure if it's just me that I had a hard time to drag the crusor...I have to point my mouse precisely upon the top track until the mouse become the green crusor then I can drag it, but the area for the mouse to become green crusor is so little, is there an easier way to do this?

Also, is there an easier way to drag crusor in Quickscribe? So we don't have to find where the crusor is in which page, then drag it...
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
stubbsonic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: An easier way to drag the crusor?

Post by stubbsonic »

In my rig, the area for the cursor to turn green doesn't seem too small, but I've also just gotten used to knowing where it is.

I agree that dragging the cursor in the quickscribe window is needlessly tricky. It would be nice to be able to hold an modifier key and click somewhere and have the cursor jump there. (Is that possible?)

One side-suggestion is that you set up some commands for cueing, so you can step forward and backward by whole measures, then you can use the fast & slow rew/ff to get your cursor where you want it. Not a solution, but good to have for other tasks.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com