He promised; He did it !

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
wonder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: He promised; He did it !

Post by wonder »

I went to Guitar Center yesterday to do a test run of the Raven and if I liked it, i was going to get it based upon the "Rave"(n) here.

GC no longer carries the Raven. The manager told me they sold the floor models and shipped all the inventory back to Slate.

Interesting.

:?

PS, DYING to hear someone who received their RAVEN and give us some thoughts!
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

They even had them? Maybe the first gen. I never saw one there, but I haven't been in a GC for over two years.

Slate says they've made exclusive deals with Sweetwater, GC Pro, Westlake Pro and Vintage King. That's it. They won't even sell you one direct.

So you won't see one at GC, but GC Pro can hook you up. Westlake says that Slate is getting the first shipment of MTi2's right now, and we should see them shipping to us very soon... next week or the week after, we're hoping.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
wonder

Post by wonder »

I just spoke with Slate and they said GC does carry them still but not every store.
Dual Quad-Core 2.8 GHz Mac Pro 3,1 • Yosemite • 24 GB RAM • MOTU 2408mk3 (x's 2) • DP 10.xx • Finale 25 • Logic • PT 12 • +outboard gear
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Right. GC Pro stores.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
wonder

Post by wonder »

Gravity Jim wrote:Right. GC Pro stores.
Ah. Thanks.
waxman

Post by waxman »

Anyone get there MTi delivered yet? I'm still waiting on Sweetwater
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Not yet. Slate got the first ones last week, and with AES I don't imagine much happened at their place. Chris at Westlake Pro thought maybe this week, but likely next.
Jim Bordner

waxman

Post by waxman »

I am so impatient. Like waiting for Christmas morning. I have imagined a dozen different set ups. Total obsession... :shock:
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
OLB

Post by OLB »

Getting impatient here as well!

To kill some time :) What things are you planning to do with it, f.e. like macros and shortcuts?

Besides mixing I can't wait to add simple macros for changing velocity (+5,-5,+10 etc) setting up different searches (select only cc1, cc11 f.e)
Only scratching the surface of course, looking forward to see more ideas!
- Len
DAW Mac Pro 6-core 2013 | 64Gb RAM | 10.11.6 | Metric Halo ULN-8
DP 9.5 | VE Pro 6 | Kontakt 5
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

I multi bus mix, sending my outputs to 16 channels on my console. When I need to bounce out MP3's for rough mix ideas, I need to change all my DP bus outs to channels 1/2. With that said, I think the first batch command I'll make will automatically assign all my bus outs to channels 1/2, then select all tracks to the end of the sequence, then bounce!
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
waxman

Post by waxman »

Are you using DP9? Option A brings up the assign box which will work for now until the MTi shows up.... I trying to be patient. As for what I will do with it initially depends on how it ergonomically impacts my workflow.
waxman
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Looking forward to building macros for my fave processing chains... Maybe a one-touch reconfiguration from tracking to mix... This is gonna be a gas.

BTW, I just got my UPS tracking number... Westlake got their first ones in today, and shipped mine a few hours later. From LA to Santa Rosa shouldn't be more than a couple days. I am giddy with anticipation.
Jim Bordner

waxman

Post by waxman »

Sweetwater called and said they were on the way... Awesome
waxman
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

waxman wrote:Are you using DP9? Option A brings up the assign box which will work for now until the MTi shows up.... I trying to be patient. As for what I will do with it initially depends on how it ergonomically impacts my workflow.
Yes, that's what I do now. That function has been in DP for a good while now. Once I set it up in batch command, it'll be a one touch operation!
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Delivery scheduled for Wedenesday the 18th!

My wife says, "well, what should I do this weekend?" :lol:
Jim Bordner