He promised; He did it !

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
waxman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: He promised; He did it !

Post by waxman »

Gravity Jim wrote:Dang, waxman. Sorry.

Yeah, sounds like you just got a bad one. One of the downsides of early adoption of new hardware is the shakedown required to get consistent manufacturing. I would not have been a bit surprised if mine didn't work.
How long have you had yours Jim?
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Since last Wednesday. I've got it dialed in pretty good, and all weirdness taken care of, except a confirmed bug in the NavPad. I spent a few minutes this afternoon letting Matt Dodge peek into my computer while we ran the crash. He says he can see the problem.... should get fixed in the maintenance update coming soon.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
waxman

Post by waxman »

Gravity Jim wrote:I spent a few minutes this afternoon letting Matt Dodge peek into my computer while we ran the crash. He says he can see the problem.... should get fixed in the maintenance update coming soon.
Speaking of Matt Dodge. I just got an email from Matt, the hardware team and a few other tech folks. They are working on an RMA. What amazing tech support at Slate Digital. I am so stoked!

After working on the MTi2 all day... I did not want to think of waiting another month for a one. That would be brutal. I was just in my studio putting together a layout. My whole setup is going to change because of the MTi... I have a important project coming up in December. It will be wonderful to have the MTi at the center...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Many thanks both for your feedback .
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
waxman

Post by waxman »

Paradigm Shift...
If you notice the first channel pan is missing. I have to touch the pan on the DP mixer for it to come up... But the Raven is stable. I used it for hours and no crash...

waxman
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

Looks great. I'll add my appreciation for your for sharing the feedback gents.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

waxman wrote:Paradigm Shift...
If you notice the first channel pan is missing. I have to touch the pan on the DP mixer for it to come up... But the Raven is stable. I used it for hours and no crash...

For a size reference - what's the screen size of the display up top? Is that an Apple piece?
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Waxman, I've reported that "first pan knob" bug, too. Pan knobs seem to be the only problem in the software... Everything else is perfect, even running in El Capitan.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
waxman

Post by waxman »

Gravity Jim wrote:Waxman, I've reported that "first pan knob" bug, too. Pan knobs seem to be the only problem in the software... Everything else is perfect, even running in El Capitan.
Cool... yeah no other issues here. Lots of questions. Jim on the channel strip there is mono, solo, mute and a blue button says ins? what is the blue button?
waxman
waxman

Post by waxman »

musicman691 wrote: For a size reference - what's the screen size of the display up top? Is that an Apple piece?
Apple 27 display

waxman
waxman

Post by waxman »

kwiz wrote:I multi bus mix, sending my outputs to 16 channels on my console. When I need to bounce out MP3's for rough mix ideas, I need to change all my DP bus outs to channels 1/2. With that said, I think the first batch command I'll make will automatically assign all my bus outs to channels 1/2, then select all tracks to the end of the sequence, then bounce!
Hey Kwiz I do the same thing. I bus to a Neve 8816. I ended up getting the Tascam DA 3000. I end up using it for everything. It ended up being much quicker to do a mix then master on DSP Quatro. Whatever you can do to avoid the mac having to sum mix.
waxman
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

Very cool Waxman!!
I was thinking about getting the DA-3000 because my Alesis Masterlink is getting long in the tooth.
I've had it for about 12 years now. How do you like the sound of the 3000?
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
waxman

Post by waxman »

The Tascam sounds transparent to me. I sum through the Neve which has so much mojo I don't know if I would hear anything in the Tascam anyway. I just treat it like an old two track. I do a the 2 track to the DA3000 with no compression. Then I master that myself in DSP Quatrro using Ozone 7. I used to use Bias Peak. I miss that program. If possible I have the client master at Future Disk. I've tried all kinds of 2 track setups. So far this works the best for me...
waxman
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

waxman wrote: I ended up getting the Tascam DA 3000. I end up using it for everything. It ended up being much quicker to do a mix then master on DSP Quatro.
We were blown away by the simplicity of the DA3000. And the sonics. We also print all work straight to it. Who have thought it would be easier to just press a record button on a physical recorder. :)
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
waxman

Post by waxman »

Labman you still doing custom Themes? I would love one that looks good with the Raven.

To everybody... This Raven MTi2 is a great mixer control center for your work. I have used a few DAW controls including Mackie, Beringer, SSL, Faderport and they just did not integrate with the workflow.

Slate nailed the workflow with the Raven (at least how I like to work)

Slate Digital company is going to be huge if they keep spreading the love and coming up with such great gear.
waxman