Please help me guys.

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Killahurts
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Please help me guys.

Post by Killahurts »

del cosmos wrote:In my case I suspect it is a corrupt preference, because I already took out all the plug ins and also reinstalled DP and the problem remains.
Be sure to check your hard drive with Disk Utility for any errors or problems. Probably not the cause of your problem, but you never know..
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

And here's "the thing." If you delete the plist and it corrupts again then something is writing a bad plist repeatedly. Likely the app itself, if not a related plugin or driver.

I had a similar problem across all my apps (especially Finale) a few years ago. It was a permissions problem I created myself thru ignorance. In the end I had to rebuild the system from scratch (discs and downloads one by one. I think it took me about 2-3 weeks. I hope I NEVER have to do that again... (famous last words).
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
delcosmos
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by delcosmos »

Killahurts wrote:
del cosmos wrote:In my case I suspect it is a corrupt preference, because I already took out all the plug ins and also reinstalled DP and the problem remains.
Be sure to check your hard drive with Disk Utility for any errors or problems. Probably not the cause of your problem, but you never know..
Already tried this, in fact was the first step I did.

I already filled a ticket support with Motu, while waiting for response I decided to put back some plug ins I moved from the "Components" plug ins folder, trashed prefs again and now its working!

I force quit the DP several times to see if the problem came back and its working great! :smash:

Motu answered back and they ask me to do a few steps in order to track the problem, the thing is that now I can't make it fail! ha ha ha.

Thank you all for your support guys, I really appreciate it.

Armando.
8.07 64bit, Spire, Nexus, Fab FilterDiva, Gladiator, Nexus, Sylenth, Stylus RMX, Live 9, Reason 6.5, Komplete 8, AD Keys, AD Drums, Geist, Ivory, Waves 9 Mercury, Sound Toys, Fab, VEPro, Reason, Live, UAD2, x3 2408mk3, PCI424, MAC PRO Dual 3.46 Ghz 12 core Intel Xeon, Memory: 64gb ram, MAC OS X: 10.8.6