Disable DP9 Tool Tips

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
guitardood
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Disable DP9 Tool Tips

Post by guitardood »

Is there an easier way to disable tool tips that anyone is aware of in DP 9?

When I first started with DP8, I found the old post from 2007 about editing the /Applications/Digital Performer.app/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/Localizable.xml, but because of the xml variable name changes in the file vs the How-To hack (originally for DP5), it was a pain to go through and edit it without hosing anything. I guess I'll edit the DP9 version, but was hoping somebody may have found an easier way or a pref somewhere that I missed.

Chuck Fletcher on Reverb Nation
Chuck Fletcher on Facebook

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You know, eventually you're going to get the one filled with alien-like nasty tasting goo and have to spit it out and say YUCK".
magicd

Re: Disable DP9 Tool Tips

Post by magicd »

In DP, go to the Help menu and uncheck Show Help Tags.

Dave
guitardood

Re: Disable DP9 Tool Tips

Post by guitardood »

magicd wrote:In DP, go to the Help menu and uncheck Show Help Tags.

Dave
Thanks Dave!

Chuck Fletcher on Reverb Nation
Chuck Fletcher on Facebook

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You know, eventually you're going to get the one filled with alien-like nasty tasting goo and have to spit it out and say YUCK".