From imported audio to QuickScribe to Sibelius?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Killahurts
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: From imported audio to QuickScribe to Sibelius?

Post by Killahurts »

Shooshie wrote:Just be sure you can turn it off. When I'm listening to music in stores or restaurants, or even on the radio, half the time I'm transcribing it (poorly, most likely) in my head
Am I the only one who gets inexplicably irritated when I just so happen to be walking to the exact rhythm of the music down the grocery store aisle?

I feel like I have to slow down or speed up, just to buck the system.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

labman wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I never turn it off but can listen with both sides of my brain.
What if i only have half a brain?
Then you're a musicologist.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Killahurts wrote: Am I the only one who gets inexplicably irritated when I just so happen to be walking to the exact rhythm of the music down the grocery store aisle?

I do that too. I almost never hear the canned music. I'm usually working out some music in my head and tune out extraneous noise. That's all it is really: room noise at a place of business.

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
labman wrote:
MIDI Life Crisis wrote:I never turn it off but can listen with both sides of my brain.
Hahahaha! That was good.
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

This is why we have Katy Perry! To turn our brains off!
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
labman wrote:
:rofl:
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
Killahurts wrote: Am I the only one who gets inexplicably irritated when I just so happen to be walking to the exact rhythm of the music down the grocery store aisle?

I do that too. I almost never hear the canned music. I'm usually working out some music in my head and tune out extraneous noise. That's all it is really: room noise at a place of business.

Same here, and I just figured out why it irritates me, thanks to your post.. it distracts me, and interrupts my internal playback of stuff I'm working on.

And my grocery store plays music like Talking Heads and Michael Jackson's "Billy Jean." Impossible not to affect the walking.

At least with elevators you are not walking.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.