DP and iRig Blueboard-SOLVED

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
icam
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP and iRig Blueboard-SOLVED

Post by icam »

Does anyone know how/if MIDI control change messages from IKMulimedia's Blueboard can be used in DP to turn off/on effects pedals when AmpliTube 3 is used as an effects plugin on an audio track? I am able to do this when I use AmpliTube in standalone mode but haven't figured out how/if it can be done when used as a DP plug-n. I can get the >Project>Console>Learn Controler to recognize the Blueboard MIDI input, but the "Target" option "AmpliTube3: Insert A-1" does not seem to have any effect. Thanks

Update below on the how. I will do some performance testing and provide a further update.

Using DP9.01 on a MacBook Pro 15" Retina with 2.8g I7 processor and 16MB memory.

Step #1 - Start the Blueboard app and connect the iRig Blueboard via Bluetooth (4.0 required)
Step #2- Instantiate AmpliTube as an effect in an Audio Track in DP. (Using the first effect slot (A) in the Mixing Board in this example.
Step #3
Step #4 Create Console (>Project>Consoles>New Console)
Step # Learn Controller (>Project>Consoles>Learn Controller). If using a previous version of DP, right click in the Console to pull up the Controller Assignment box and manually input the settings in Step 6 below.
Step #5 Press a Pedal, e.g., Pedal A, on the Blueboard. A Controller Assignment row will appear in the Console Box.
Step #6 Click on the flashing Controller Assignment row in the Console box and change the following settings:

-The "Source should already be set to "MIDI=iRig Blueboard-1"
- Set the target to "*MIDI=AmpliTube [name of DP Track] Insert A-1"
-Change the Send Controller # to equal the Receive Controller # (Pedal A= Controller#0, Pedal B=Controller#1, etc.)
-Change the "Minimum Value" to "0" (if is is not already)
-Change the Maximum Value to "100"

You should now be able to turn off/on the effects pedals in AmpliTube the Stomp slots from the Blueboard.
Last edited by icam on Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
dbender

Re: DP and Rig Blueboard

Post by dbender »

I didn't know/realize you can use the iRig Blue Board to control the Amplitube standalone.

Could you please tell me the steps to do that? That'd be so cool, thanks!
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....
icam

Re: DP and iRig Blueboard

Post by icam »

To get the iRig Blueboard to control (Turn on/off) effects pedals in Amplitude 3 in standalone mode:

Step #1- Make sure you have the Blueboard app open and connected via Bluetooth to the Blueboard. In >Settings, make sure the "Mode" is set to "Control Change"

Step#2 Open Amplitube, load a stomp effects box.

a. Press the "MIDI" button (below the Phase knob on the amp model) and set MIDI Input to "All
b. Go to the stomp effect, hover the mouse over the on/off switch of the pedal, right click and >Assign MIDI>Learn Bypass. The a message will appear that says "Waiting for MIDI Input.."
C. Press the Blueboard pedal (A, B, C, or D). The message will disappear and the Blueboard pedal will now turn off/on the stomp box.

You can also set up Global parameters to do this for all effects.
dbender

Re: DP and iRig Blueboard

Post by dbender »

Thank you very much, Icam :)
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....