WNS Noise Suppressor Opinons?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Robert Randolph
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: WNS Noise Suppressor Opinons?

Post by Robert Randolph »

musicman691 wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:I've used it and I've got better results (for a lower price) with Voxengo Rendunoise.

Can't really say I've found the value with WNS.
Shame the Voxengo Redunoise is 32 bit vst Windows only. Just like their Pristine Space :(
One of the only reasons I use windows for DP...

I think I should probably move to RX4 and get on with it.
James Steele
Site Administrator

WNS Noise Suppressor Opinons?

Post by James Steele »

Well big thanks to Rich for the suggestion. I ended up going with the Acon Digital suite for $100, as the demo seemed pretty good. Also tried the RX4 demo and that seemed very good too, but seemed to really be remarkably better than Acon's DeNoise if I used the Learn mode. Problem for me is that I really didn't have enough "room tone" on the clips I was working with and I didn't want to have to go back to the audio source files to find it. If I had more time, I would have.

Mike... thanks for the offer on the BIAS package. I'll have to try the demo.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
rnappi

Re: WNS Noise Suppressor Opinons?

Post by rnappi »

Glad to help.

Rich
2012 Mac Pro 3.46 Ghz Westmere 12 Core_96G Ram_OSX 10.12.6_DP 9.5