Shortcuts

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
comp15
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Shortcuts

Post by comp15 »

I am wondering if there is a shortcut for this:

Working within a MIDI track, I have an extended chord but the start points of each MIDI note slightly differ. If I move the playback wiper to the desired start point for all MIDI notes, is there a key command I can press to line up all the MIDI notes to the position of the playback wiper?
HARDWARE:
MAC HOST: 2.8 GHz 2010 Quad-Core Intel Xeon; Memory 32 GB OSX Ver 10.7.5
PC SLAVE: ASUS Sabertooth X79 ATX Intel Motherboard; Intel Core i7-4730K 3.2GHz Six-Core Desktop Processor; CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB Ram (8 x 8GB); Corsair Obsidian Series 900D CC-9011022--WW Black Computer Case; Steinberg UR22; Win 8.1

SAMPLE LIBRARIES (only on PC Slave): East West Hollywood Diamond libraries of Strings, Brass, Woodwinds and Percussion, Symphonic Orchestra, Pianos Platinum, Symphonic Choirs, RA
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Shortcuts

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

You can drag the selected notes holding the cmd or Apple key. They will snap to equal length. There's a snap to wiper command you can assign from the Commands window.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

ps - the cmd drag thing works on note on and note off.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
kdm
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by kdm »

Awesome - I was just about to look for a way to do this when I saw this thread topic. Thanks to both of you!