Shortcut for Cycling Through Consolidated Window

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
westlake79
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Shortcut for Cycling Through Consolidated Window

Post by westlake79 »

I'm trying to figure out a way to work with consolidated windows, where I could cycle through the tabs (Tracks, Sequence, etc) as opposed to using the mouse to click. Wondering about this tip from the optimization post:

Category: General
Cycling through windows with keyboard command
Works in: everywhere
A quick shortcut to cycle through the panels in Consolidated Windows, as well as any other open windows:
COMMAND-accent - cyle forward
COMMAND-tilde - cycle backward
Of course, they're the same key, just with the added SHIFT key for backward cycling.

This key command doesn't seem to work for me, and when I search the commands list for it I can't find it listed (searched "windows", "cycle", "consolidated" with no luck). I feel like I'm overlooking something, any ideas?

Thanks!

DP 9
OSX 10.10
DP 11.21
VEPro 7.3.3440
MacPro 28-core
OSX 10.15.7
marquito
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Shortcut for Cycling Through Consolidated Window

Post by marquito »

I use Window Sets to accomplish pretty much what you describe.

I only ever use three tabs in the CW - Tracks, Sequence & MIDI - I have each tab as its own Window Set assigned to the 1, 2 & 3 keys. (below the Function keys NOT the numeric keypad!)

This allows me to access whatever CW tab I need with a single keystroke - works really well.

I always open the mixer and Quickscribe in their own windows but obviously you can create as many Window sets as you want for the other tabs.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

marquito wrote:I use Window Sets to accomplish pretty much what you describe.

I only ever use three tabs in the CW - Tracks, Sequence & MIDI - I have each tab as its own Window Set assigned to the 1, 2 & 3 keys. (below the Function keys NOT the numeric keypad!)

This allows me to access whatever CW tab I need with a single keystroke - works really well.

I always open the mixer and Quickscribe in their own windows but obviously you can create as many Window sets as you want for the other tabs.
You beat me to it - Window Sets are the answer - with key commands for different sets - I use T for Tracks Overview and S for Sequence Window as they are easy to remember and G for MIDI Editor (used to be called Graphic Editor) and have done for years.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

westlake79 wrote: COMMAND-accent - cyle forward
COMMAND-tilde - cycle backward
Control-tilde works here for cycling through the CW panes. You can find it in the Commands windows by searching "set focus to next cell".
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

What I do is limit the amount of main windows Consolidated can have in the Preferences to 2 and all windows to be in Consolidated Windows. This way as long as you have one of the windows selected that you want, it will switch to the Mixer if you hit Shift M etc. For me anyway I generally like having a small Tracks Overview on the top window and to switch between Sequence, Mixer and MIDI editor windows on the bottom window and this is the fastest way I've found.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

Or you might try using Apple's Spaces. (Mission Control)

Using Mission Control in DP:
(Tips Sheet Thread)
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtop ... 45#p199845
You Tube Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNSsG5gcKRw

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Paulformer
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Paulformer »

Thanks for the video Shooshie!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk