Alt key doesn't for some functions on Windows

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
slidemasterx
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Alt key doesn't for some functions on Windows

Post by slidemasterx »

Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I've been studying the DP9 demo and following the tutorials on Groove3. One thing I noticed is that the alt key doesn't for for some function as it's supposed to. For example:

1. When creating a new track, hold alt to create multiple tracks
2. When adding tabs, hold alt while clicking another category to make a second tab instead of replacing the current one.

When I do any of this and press alt, the menu just closes. Am I doing something wrong here? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
kdm

Re: Alt key doesn't for some functions on Windows

Post by kdm »

Maybe that isn't active in DP9 now that there is a create tracks command to create multiple tracks. I'm relatively new to DP as well, so I could be missing something.

Any other commands not working for you? I have several alt- commands that work here (Win 8.1 and Win 10).

For what it's worth, there is a Windows specific forum here for us. Windows users might not read the Mac forum.
slidemasterx

Re: Alt key doesn't for some functions on Windows

Post by slidemasterx »

Yes my bad. I only saw the windows category once I finished posting. If the mods could move it to the proper category that would be great.

The alt key works fine when you have to press alt while pressing a button.
It doesn't work when a menu is open and you have to press alt at the same time. Sometimes the menu just flashes for a split second because it has the same effect as pressing the ESC key.