DP7.24 - movie windows and song chunks

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
stringtheory
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP7.24 - movie windows and song chunks

Post by stringtheory »

Hello Deep DP'ers,

I'm rehearsing with a band for a CD release gig on 9/13. We're a mostly live band, plus some backing tracks for each song. The CD was recorded and mixed in DP, so we're using DP to run the tracks for the show. Each song has a chunk, and I've arranged the chunks in a Song Chunk so the show will run smoothly - can't use chunk chaining because some of the transitions are instant or overlapping. This is working well.

We'll be having video projections to enhance the show, one video per song. I volunteered that DP can output one video per song - I've tested that and it works of course. I don't work in video, so my part is just to put the individual video tracks into the individual songs and press play for the Song Chunk.

HOWEVER: when I play the Song Chunk back, only the video for the first song plays, the subsequent ones do not play. The songs play back fine, in sequence, etc., but the rest of the videos do not play along with their associated songs. Is it even possible to do what I want to do here?

Many thanks,

Tony

(ignore the sig below: for this project it's a 13"MBA on Mountain Lion, DP7.24, MOTU 828MkII)
27" iMac 4.0GHz (late 2015), 32G RAM, OSX 10.13.6, DP10.01, UAD Apollo Duo TB, MTPAV USB (also 2021 14" MBP M1 Pro, 32G RAM, Apollo Twin Duo TB)
stringtheory
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP7.24 - movie windows and song chunks

Post by stringtheory »

in case anyone's interested...i tried several approaches, but after speaking with tech support we finally concluded there is no way to play sequential videos in a song chunk. however, the tech supporter i was speaking with saw the utility of being able to do this - in fact, said he would be able to use it himself - and said he'd make the suggestion to the developers.
27" iMac 4.0GHz (late 2015), 32G RAM, OSX 10.13.6, DP10.01, UAD Apollo Duo TB, MTPAV USB (also 2021 14" MBP M1 Pro, 32G RAM, Apollo Twin Duo TB)