Reason/Rewire/DP9

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
musicman691

Re: Reason/Rewire/DP9

Post by musicman691 »

Jamie wrote:PUF went away like a year ago. I was there since 2004 and I felt like the Internet went away. It was pretty startling.

That said, the issue could be volume CC7 going into a specific device inside the combi so that it goes into a scream4 harder, or maybe does something totally different.

Can't you define what CC does what for combinator programming if you open the advanced editor?

I'll try this out later, but I never really used require, just used reasons MIDI editor.

Slightly off topic - what do you do in DP via rewire that you can't do with reasons MIDI capabilities? If it's going through an AU fx, ok, or if you like to print live performance of parameter changes for sound design? But other than that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From one of my friends in another forum just sent me this link: https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/an-end-of-an-era wherein it's mentioned the forums closed the beginning of this year.

I do Reason via rewire in DP because my daw of choice is DP and I use Reason for the sounds I get out of it. Sometimes I have a MIDI track in DP that just cries out for a sound that Reason will give me and it's a lot easier doing it via rewire than shuffling the MIDI off to Reason's sequencer and bringing the audio back into DP.
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Robert Randolph wrote:Reasontalk.com is the most active reason forum (with participating PH staff), and there's an active IRC channel at irc.rc6.org #Reason

Come join us :D
Thanks for putting me on to the Reasontalk forum. It looks like it started about the same time the PropHeads forum shut down.
Jamie
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Jamie »

I don't care what anyone says, it will never be the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dp 8.07 - 2011 21.5" iMac 2.5 i5, 32GB Ram - OS X 10.10.5
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Behringer ADA8200, DigiDesign ElevenRack