Update D.P. 9.01

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
musicman691

Re: Update D.P. 9.01

Post by musicman691 »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:BTW, repaired permissions after the update. interesting...
”Group differs on“Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/MAS”; should be 0; group is 80.

Permissions differ on “Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/MAS”; should be drwxr-xr-x ; they are drwxrwxr-x .Repaired “Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/MAS”

User differs on “private/var/db/displaypolicyd”; should be 0; user is 244.Group differs on “private/var/db/displaypolicyd”; should be 0; group is 244.Repaired “private/var/db/displaypolicyd”
On the second pass, no permissions repaired.

Recommended.
You're not the only one; I always do a repair permissions on any install or upgrade. Takes so little time to do.
corbo-billy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by corbo-billy »

This may be in anticipation of the release for the next Mac OS X system ?
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

corbo-billy wrote:This may be in anticipation of the release for the next Mac OS X system ?
What "this" are you referring to, CB?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Morpheo

Post by Morpheo »

dix wrote:Ah. For most (all?) users importing many AAFs and OMFs have crashed DP for quite awhile. I haven't had time to check out if the imports are accurate, but the fact that it's now possible, without having to first open and re-export with PT, is a big deal for me.
The funny thing is that I have to do the exact same thing in Pro Tools *after* exporting my file from DP ;) 23.976 sessions are exported at 24. I have to manually change them in Pro Tools and re-export with PT, then they stay at 23.976. Annoying but there are worse things in life I guess ;)

I haven't had a crash in years when importing AAF/OMF files - just dragging them on the chunks window works every time.
Mac Pro 5,1 12-core 2.4 GHz//40GB RAM//RX 560//macOS 10.13.6//SSDs//MOTU 896//Keylab 88//Faderport 8
Pro Tools 2018.7//LPX 10.4.1//DP 9.51
NI Komplete Ultimate 11//Albion One//Soundiron Choirs//Pianoteq//Analog Lab//VSL SE & Chamber Strings//etc
billf

Post by billf »

musicman691 wrote:
billf wrote:The missing file icon issue is still appearing on my system. Is anyone else seeing that as well?
You mean the DP file is just the generic blank icon right? If so, that happened to me as well.

Interesting sequence of events: when I first loaded DP9 when it came out I had the DP icon then somewheres down the line it went to the blank icon. Then I had to do a reinstall of DP9 because of certain issues and I got the DP9 icon back. Now it's gone again.
Correct. According to the notes it was fixed:
• [Mac] Correctly install the DP9 document icons.
But it's still broken for me (and for you it seems).
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

billf wrote:
musicman691 wrote:
billf wrote:The missing file icon issue is still appearing on my system. Is anyone else seeing that as well?
You mean the DP file is just the generic blank icon right? If so, that happened to me as well.

Interesting sequence of events: when I first loaded DP9 when it came out I had the DP icon then somewheres down the line it went to the blank icon. Then I had to do a reinstall of DP9 because of certain issues and I got the DP9 icon back. Now it's gone again.
I see this on documents with 9.01, and saw it for all DP documents as soon as I installed 9.00. Doesn't the document adopt an icon according to its associated default application? Is that DP 9 in the case of your documents?

2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
billf

Post by billf »

bayswater wrote:
billf wrote:
I see this on documents with 9.01, and saw it for all DP documents as soon as I installed 9.00. Doesn't the document adopt an icon according to its associated default application? Is that DP 9 in the case of your documents?

Since I installed DP9, I get the generic blank white icon for the DP documents. DP 9.01 does not seem to have resolved it, at least for me.
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
mikehalloran wrote: Aren't those the normal permissions or is there something different this time?
You tell me. I haven't got a clue, but every DP release requires a permission repair in my experience and it HAS fixed a lot of issues in the past for me.
I haven't copied the exact permissions it repairs every time but I saw nothing new. I checked a couple of old threads and it's close enough to the ones that you and I have posted for DP 8.

It's always Repaired “Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/MAS”
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Works for me!

Way to go MOTU, timely fixes!
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:
corbo-billy wrote:This may be in anticipation of the release for the next Mac OS X system ?
What "this" are you referring to, CB?
I wanted to refer to the fact that the Repair Permissions became automatic under El Capitan, next Mac OS X system. Hence the notion of anticipation ... :|
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

bayswater wrote: I see this on documents with 9.01, and saw it for all DP documents as soon as I installed 9.00. Doesn't the document adopt an icon according to its associated default application? Is that DP 9 in the case of your documents?

DP9 is the default for all my DP project documents. Like I mentioned I had it in DP9, it went away and came back when I re-installed DP9 (download and not the dvd file). Went away when I installed DP9.01; repairing permissions didn't help.
delcosmos
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by delcosmos »

So, I have read the entire thread and only Killahurts seems to be happy with the update.
Is DP 9.01 ready for primetime?
In resume, it seems like DP9.01 still have some problems, despite the long list of things Motu fixed.

Right now DP8.07 is very stable on my system and I'm not sure if this update worth it, I can live without the "mute MIDI note" and the floating plug in features.

I had some very embarrassing moments with DP9
8.07 64bit, Spire, Nexus, Fab FilterDiva, Gladiator, Nexus, Sylenth, Stylus RMX, Live 9, Reason 6.5, Komplete 8, AD Keys, AD Drums, Geist, Ivory, Waves 9 Mercury, Sound Toys, Fab, VEPro, Reason, Live, UAD2, x3 2408mk3, PCI424, MAC PRO Dual 3.46 Ghz 12 core Intel Xeon, Memory: 64gb ram, MAC OS X: 10.8.6
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

delcosmos wrote:So, I have read the entire thread and only Killahurts is happy with the update.
Is DP 9.01 ready for primetime?
In resume, it seems like DP9.01 still have some problems, despite the long list of things Motu fixed.

Right now DP8.07 is very stable on my system and I'm not sure if this update worth it, I can live without the "mute MIDI note" and the floating plug in features.

I had some very embarrassing moments with DP9
Huh? There's quite a few people happy with the update. I think you need to read the thread again.
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

All good here. Are you speaking from personal experience or relying on secondhand accounts for your data?
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
delcosmos
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by delcosmos »

I'm refering to some posts that reads that there are some problems with the "Showing takes" that dissapear, or some posts reading that icons doesn't show the DP logo, or posts saying that DP forgets when you have folder closed and when you open a project again they appear all opened and you have to manually close them again.
Some reported a few crashes.
8.07 64bit, Spire, Nexus, Fab FilterDiva, Gladiator, Nexus, Sylenth, Stylus RMX, Live 9, Reason 6.5, Komplete 8, AD Keys, AD Drums, Geist, Ivory, Waves 9 Mercury, Sound Toys, Fab, VEPro, Reason, Live, UAD2, x3 2408mk3, PCI424, MAC PRO Dual 3.46 Ghz 12 core Intel Xeon, Memory: 64gb ram, MAC OS X: 10.8.6