Update D.P. 9.01

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
corbo-billy
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Update D.P. 9.01

Post by corbo-billy »

I don't know the content of this update but it's loading home. :woohoo:
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
Gravity Jim

Re: Update D.P. 9.01

Post by Gravity Jim »

Well... that's an impressive list of bug fixes and enhancements.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

Gravity Jim wrote:Well... that's an impressive list of bug fixes and enhancements.
I confirm . 8)

Enhancements introduced in version 9.0.1

Version 9.0.1 provides many improvements, optimizations, and refinements. Here are just a few highlights:

• Fixed a crash inserting continuous data in the Sequence Editor.
• Fixed selection in lanes in the Sequence Editor.
• [Mac] Fix drawing issues where plug-ins might appear behind the Consolidated Window cells.
• Allow MIDI Learn to target mixing board controls.
• Fixed an issue where the inserted pencil type might not match the menu in the MIDI Editor.
• Improved performance when opening the Sequence Editor.
• Fixed an issue where MIDI output menus would be disabled after using Track Assignments.
• Fixed saving of VST presets.
• Fixed a bug with patch changes in MX4.
• Fixed a graphical issue where undoing or redoing a comp take segment would not re-display at first.
• Fixed an issue where only the first Device Group was assignable.
• Fixed a crash in the Drum Editor.
• Fixed the Change Velocity window in the Nine theme.
• Fixed an issue where Aux tracks could be set to Note or Pitch edit layers erroneously.
• Fixed an issue where plug-in tails might get clipped when bouncing with iZotope Ozone, UVI Relayer and others.
• Fixed an issue where iZotope Ozone 6 will appear bypassed when not playing back.
• [Mac] Allow MMC via the IAC bus.
• Fixed an issue where the mixing board might be out of sync with its Track Selector.
• Fixed a crash when toggling the movie floats on top preference.
• Draw the sound bite's selection highlight in the Sequence Editor under the waveform.
• Fixed a crash with Snip in the Waveform Editor.
• Changed "Fix partial measures" back to on by default.
• When opening a document with partial measures and the preference on, we now ask the user whether to correct the partial measures or leave them as is.
• Fixed Paste Repeat.
• [Win] Fix an issue inputting international text involving the Alt Gr key (e.g. @ in German).
• Show Marker grid lines in the Tracks Overview like other editors.
• Fixed an issue with disconnected controls in the Mixing Board and Channel Strip.
• Increased the idle rate of VSTs, which should improve the redraw speed of plug-ins that depend on it such as Serum.
• Fix an occasional crash in the VST version of BFD3.
• Fixed a Mixing Board crash when selecting multiple V-Rack tracks in the Track Selector.
• Fixed an issue where simply clicking items in lists such as the Tracks Overview might move the row.
• [Mac] Fixed graphical issues printing parts in QuickScribe.
• Fixed an issue where the search field wouldn't appear in the undocked Markers window.
• Restored the Console item context menu.
• Fix crashes in QuickScribe in some documents with lyrics.
• Updated the Japanese documentation, including the User Guide.
• [Win] Fixed right-clicking in MAS plug-ins.
• Fix an issue when trying to MIDI learn the mute or solo buttons in the Mixing Board.
• Fixed scrolling in text boxes in the Track Inspector and Lyrics windows.
• Fixed an issue where the Movie window might not float properly when undocked from the Consolidated Window, despite the user's preference.
• More performance improvements for the Sequence Editor with lots of tracks.
• Updated to the EuCon 3 SDK.
• Fixed improper button labels in the offline activation window.
• Fixed a bug where freezing a track wouldn't properly update the sends on the frozen track.
• Widened the plug-in name column in the Effect Chooser.
• [Mac] Correctly install the DP9 document icons.
• Make the Tracks Overview divider the same width as the Consolidated Window dividers.
• Fixed an issue where not all VST instruments were properly loaded as instruments.
• Fixed zooming across lanes.
• Fixed some commands that toggle windows open and closed, e.g. the Track Selector command.
• Added scrolling to change values in MX4.
• Fixed scrolling in the Project Notes window.
• Fix highlighting of piano roll ruler in Pitch lanes in the Sequence Editor.
• Tweaked contrast and colors in Nine.
• Fixed the button artwork in Savannah and Alloy.
• Disable the buffer size menu during playback.
• Added the Japanese plug-in guide.
• MX4 Japanese localization.
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
Tritonemusic

Post by Tritonemusic »

• Fixed a crash in the Drum Editor.
Nice to see they haven't forgotten about the DE. :unicorn:
DP 10.13, OS 13.6, iMac Pro (2017) 3.2 GHz 8-Core, 32 GB RAM, MOTU M4
bralston

Post by bralston »

• [Mac] Allow MMC via the IAC bus.
Holy crap they added this finally. Go go go MOTU's Michael Miller! ;)

THANK YOU!
Regards,

Brian Ralston

- MacPro 7,1 3.2 GHz 16-core Intel Xeon W, 384GB 2933MHz DDR4 RAM, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD OS drive, 6TB Samsung Pro EVOPlus SSDs via Sonnet 4x4 M.2 PCIe card, Graphics card: AMD Radeon Pro Vega II 32GB, UAD-2 Quad, DP 10.13, DP 11.0,
- 15" MacBook Pro 2.3GHz 8‑core 9th‑generation Intel Core i9 processor, Turbo Boost to 4.8GHz, 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 mem, Radeon Pro Vega 20 w/4GB HBM2 mem, 2TB SSD storage, OS 10.15.7, 2TB SSD, DP 10.13
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

Everything I reported is listed as fixed, great!
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

I'm recording on it right now.

Is it my imagination, or is it snappier? :mrgreen:
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

THe first time I inserted volume, DP 9.01 crashed. I loaded the sequence into a new project and it was fine. I then opened the project that crashed and it was fine.

There is no splash screen and not even the welcome screen showed up a couple of times.

I'll be playing with this later but so far so good except for that first crash and the splash/welcome screen not appearing.

Thanks for the heads up, corbo-billy! :woohoo:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:THe first time I inserted volume, DP 9.01 crashed. I loaded the sequence into a new project and it was fine. I then opened the project that crashed and it was fine.

There is no splash screen and not even the welcome screen showed up a couple of times.

I'll be playing with this later but so far so good except for that first crash and the splash/welcome screen not appearing.

Thanks for the heads up, corbo-billy! :woohoo:
The insert issues happened on my MBP, I tried in a project that did it, and it's working fine for me.

Maybe you had somehow opened DP9.00? :lol:
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

DP 9.01 overwrote DP 9.0 and I checked as well. nice try! No cigar... LOL but it was a good thought. Thanks.

I think it may simply have been that maybe some little tweeky thing might have persisted in the old project, but it is working correctly now. Many things to test out but I'm thrilled that MOTU has released a maintenance update.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Gravity Jim wrote:I'm recording on it right now.

Kinda like how my car seems to run better after I wash it?
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Rick Cornish wrote:
Gravity Jim wrote:I'm recording on it right now.

Kinda like how my car seems to run better after I wash it?

Precisely. My old Civic always runs better when it's clean. And the windows are down and the sun roof open.
Jim Bordner

musicman691

Post by musicman691 »

Does anyone know if they fixed MX4 not remembering MIID learn assignments? I reported this via a Techlink back at the end of June and was told it could be reproduced and the fix would be in an upcoming update. Don't see it listed in the list CorboBilly posted. I know he said it was highlights.

Is there a changelog of what all is in this update?
Phil O

Post by Phil O »

Looks like they've been busy. :woohoo:
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
Tobor

Post by Tobor »

Whoa, I think it really IS snappier.....booted in a flash except for waiting for the plugins as usual.

First thing I notice, what's with the yellow edit lines streaming down from the Markers in TO?? How do I turn them off??

I looked under Preferences and in the Markers mini menu but can't seem to find the right option. I can see where they might be useful (first step in creating a snap to grid perhaps) but I'd like the default to be off for now.

Is this new or did I just not know about this option?
iMac 2.7 i5, DP 9.5.1, 10.13.3, Apollo Twin, 828, MTPAV, Toontrack, Spectrasonics, BFD3, Drumcore, Reason 10, Live 10, Logic X, Spitfire, Zebra, Miroslav, Waves, Kronos X, MOXF 6, Axiom 49.