DP9 - Import score?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bogmusic
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: DP9 - Import score?

Post by bogmusic »

I would imagine the cost of adding MusicXML import has already been justified from a marketing point of view and is in the pipeline for a future upgrade to avoid appearing behind the times in comparison with the rest of the market.

One thing that impresses me about MOTU is that they give development priority to existing customers over marketing gimmicks. For fee earning musos who have an existing workflow it makes sense to have MusicXML export as an additional tool as it should streamline the creation of scores based on original music totally created within DP.

As I see it adding import would allow DP to slot into established workflows making it a natural choice for composers straddling the gap between score writers and MIDI/audio editors.

That's my outsider's point of view anyway, my day job is Architecture and there is a similar coming together of technologies, spurred on by UK Government incentives to be "BIM compliant". Anyway thats enough of that, I'm still on holiday!

Cup half full, that's me :)